Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another newb needs help

The only information I was able to find about "Laser Know How" is their eBay store front. So I asked them about their SD card file format.

If this is anything like the SD card format that I worked with in the past, it relies on a program script file in plane text that has instructions for loading the binary vector frame set files. So just putting a few ild files on the SD card wont work.
    Last edited by james; 07-10-2021 at 15:30.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    The only information I was able to find about "Laser Know How" is their eBay store front. So I asked them about their SD card file format.

If this is anything like the SD card format that I worked with in the past, it relies on a program script file in plane text that has instructions for loading the binary vector frame set files. So just putting a few ild files on the SD card wont work.
    Thanks James. Could you explain further "script file in plane text that has instructions for loading the binary vector frame set files"

Quote Originally Posted by thiswayup View Post
    Thanks James. Could you explain further "script file in plane text that has instructions for loading the binary vector frame set files"
    I too contacted "Laser Know how" several weeks ago. Maybe they no longer trade as I have received no reply. I can't believe this is so difficult . I seem to have had no conclusive reply in solving the problem. Anybody please?

Can you contact someone else who has one? Maybe you could get an SD card image that is confirmed to work. Then you would have an example.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Can you contact someone else who has one? Maybe you could get an SD card image that is confirmed to work. Then you would have an example.
    Thats a good idea James but any suggestions how I mught do that.

I have almost given up hope of cracking this problem. Can any kind soul offer further useful advice? Tia

Quote Originally Posted by thiswayup View Post
    I have almost given up hope of cracking this problem. Can any kind soul offer further useful advice? Tia

Still no solution....Anybody? Please.

NRG / Laser Know How is a company based out of Manchester, UK. It appears that they don't have an actual website, but they do have an ebay storefront and a facebook page, so you might want to try contacting them that way. Perhaps one of our UK members can offer more specific advice?

Looking at your projector, it's very difficult to tell what sort of controller they have built-in to that unit, but my guess is that it's one of the stand-alone boards from Goldenstar, if not one of the other Chinese manufacturers. Without knowing which board they are using, however, it's impossible to know how to format content for the SD card. The controller almost certainly supports the ILDA frame file format, but some controllers require the frames to be in specific directories, and others require a bit of firmware on the card before they can read the frames.

You may want to remove the cover of the projector and take some pictures of the internals, paying particular attention to the board(s) that are mounted to the back plate. If you can figure out which controller board they used, you should be able to find the specs for the SD card reader it uses.

Sadly, when it comes to laser projectors, few things are truly "idiot-proof". There will be a learning curve involved, you can count on that.

Adam

PS: Where are you located? (You haven't filled out your profile information yet.) If you are lucky, you may be close to someone who can assist you in person.

Here's another question.

How difficult would it be to get to the direct X Y inputs on the scanner amps?

Is there an easy way to use a control signal of 0 to 5VDC to modulate the individual lasers?

This is probably a TTL unit, so that's just off or on.

If you can do that you can use a laser DAC to control it.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

Here's another question.

How difficult would it be to get to the direct X Y inputs on the scanner amps?

Is there an easy way to use a control signal of 0 to 5VDC to modulate the individual lasers?

This is probably a TTL unit, so that's just off or on.

If you can do that you can use a laser DAC to control it.

Sorry for late reply, Dont know what value these photos may have but I was very cautious in the dismantling. I can confirm this was made in China but any more help would be much appreciated. TIA