Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another newb needs help

Default Another newb needs help

Hello everyone,
    So glad to find such a knowledgable resource. I'm totally new to using Lasers but have been using 3 lasers on automatic settings to help light a live band. I've just bought a laser with an SD slot but have been unable to use it in that mode. I need to know what software I should be using and how the file format should look on the sd card. The laser is a LKH NRG, Its an old model with sd slot but no ILDA connectors (although there is an ILDA mode setting). Please, Any advice gratefully received.

Quote Originally Posted by thiswayup View Post
    Hello everyone,
    So glad to find such a knowledgable resource. I'm totally new to using Lasers but have been using 3 lasers on automatic settings to help light a live band. I've just bought a laser with an SD slot but have been unable to use it in that mode. I need to know what software I should be using and how the file format should look on the sd card. The laser is a LKH NRG, Its an old model with sd slot but no ILDA connectors (although there is an ILDA mode setting). Please, Any advice gratefully received.
    Photos might help...
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

It might use ild or ctn files. In either case it probably only reads one format that is basically ilda format 0 with an assumed default pallet of 63 colors. You probably have only 7 color combinations to use from that pallet.

LaserBoy has all the tricks you need to make these files.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    It might use ild or ctn files. In either case it probably only reads one format that is basically ilda format 0 with an assumed default pallet of 63 colors. You probably have only 7 color combinations to use from that pallet.

LaserBoy has all the tricks you need to make these files.
    Thank you for your quick and helpfull response. I will check out your advice.

Sorry,I still need help. I have attached 2 photos. I hope someone can offer idiot proof advice on how to programme the sd card. I probably need very basic,idiot proof software as well. Thanks for any help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20210630_153458.jpg  

IMG_20210630_153510.jpg  

Have you watched any of the howto videos or read the contents of ctn_files.txt?

It might be different with your laser projector. You might need ild files. You can use the optimizations for ctn and save as ild.

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Have you watched any of the howto videos or read the contents of ctn_files.txt?

It might be different with your laser projector. You might need ild files. You can use the optimizations for ctn and save as ild.

James.
    I downloaded some simple ilda files and created a prg file,placed them in the same folder. Nothing ever shows up. Maybe I should use ctn files?

Thanks for your advice James.

Quote Originally Posted by thiswayup View Post
    I downloaded some simple ilda files and created a prg file,placed them in the same folder. Nothing ever shows up. Maybe I should use ctn files?

Thanks for your advice James.
    Still struggling to make this work. Could any kind soul post a file that I could drop onto the sd card that may work. Once I can see the file format then maybe I can move forward with this. Thanks all for your patience.

Are there any example ild files that came with the projector that actually work?
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

Are there any example ild files that came with the projector that actually work?
    No none. I bought the laser 2nd hand at a good price but no instructions or anything other than hardware.