Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice Needed On What To Do With Old Ion Lasers and PCAOM

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I’ve *kinda* wanted a white light which is why I brought up the idea of bringing it to SELEM. I need it like a hole in the head though. No practical use for it.
    PM Sent...

I will try to be there with it. It's the perfect laser for someone that wants a largeish white light. It is currently doing 3 Watts and will do 7 with a new output mirror (my uncle said the output mirror had a small scratch which lowered the output). It has all the accessories, water hoses, water filter, 3 phase 240? to 208 transformer, 3 phase power cables, 3 phase switch box, shipping crates, manual and service documents. The only unknown is it has not been fired up for about a year. Maybe Dave will be there with some of those lumia rotators he recently installed in a projector he built. I would really like to see those in person not to mention see some of my friends in person. I basically ran out of vacation days on a necessary trip to pick all this equipment up so I have to figure out a way to be at SELEM during the week since it isn't on a weekend this year. What do you think the best days to be there to wheel and deal and trade things is?

Quote Originally Posted by cfavreau View Post
    What do you think the best days to be there to wheel and deal and trade things is?
    I think the majority of people will be there mid week say, Tues-Thurs. Some are coming late, some may be leaving a little early. However, if it makes it easier, I think a good deal of ion folk will be around Sunday, which is load in. I just don't know how much time will be available to get it fired up on Sunday. Monday should have a fair bit of free time to work with it though so, if you can sneak in one day, that would be the one. I suspect if you drove up Sat afternoon/evening and could spend Sunday and half a day Monday, that's only 1 work day. (Assuming a Monday through Friday work week.) As a heads up, if the venue for SELEM continues to be mine, it will likely not fall over a weekend again. Being a banquet facility, our primary business is on weekends and the owners are not going to lose out on say, a wedding, to accommodate just a space rental.
    PM Sent...

What do you think the best days to be there to wheel and deal and trade things is?

Maybe Brad will give a tour of Mt. Lasermore followed by the biggest sale in SELEM BUY/SELL/TRADE history.

Eric in New Orleans

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

There is a bigger stack then that someplace an hour outside Pittsburgh.. About twice if not three times as much, Seen it twice...

OK, That is a I90-MRA tube in a Supergraphite Resonantor. I'm thinking about it....

You open to trades?

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    There is a bigger stack then that someplace an hour outside Pittsburgh.. About twice if not three times as much, Seen it twice...

OK, That is a I90-MRA tube in a Supergraphite Resonantor. I'm thinking about it....

You open to trades?

Steve
    Thanks for identifying the tube Steve. I knew it was not a Supergraphite but did not know for sure what it was.

Trades will be appreciated! The laser was refurbished by and purchased from Dean at NiteLite lasers. You are not that far away so transport will not be too much of a problem. What do you have in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    I think the majority of people will be there mid week say, Tues-Thurs. Some are coming late, some may be leaving a little early. However, if it makes it easier, I think a good deal of ion folk will be around Sunday, which is load in. I just don't know how much time will be available to get it fired up on Sunday. Monday should have a fair bit of free time to work with it though so, if you can sneak in one day, that would be the one. I suspect if you drove up Sat afternoon/evening and could spend Sunday and half a day Monday, that's only 1 work day. (Assuming a Monday through Friday work week.) As a heads up, if the venue for SELEM continues to be mine, it will likely not fall over a weekend again. Being a banquet facility, our primary business is on weekends and the owners are not going to lose out on say, a wedding, to accommodate just a space rental.
    Thanks Brad. I appreciate the break down.

Yeah, the big old ions are tough. I have been offered and old Innova 90E but I just dont know what I would do with it. Takes up so much space and power.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by macona View Post
    Yeah, the big old ions are tough. I have been offered and old Innova 90E but I just dont know what I would do with it. Takes up so much space and power.
    Great for photoplotting and depositing copper using photochemistry,

Steve

- - - Updated - - -

I'm looking at Tuesday Thursday for my days at SELEM.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Quote Originally Posted by djeric68 View Post
    Maybe Brad will give a tour of Mt. Lasermore followed by the biggest sale in SELEM BUY/SELL/TRADE history.

Amateurs...

There's still room left!
    PM Sent...