Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin or Litecoin?

Question Bitcoin or Litecoin?

I was just wondering who if any was still mining? I just started back
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

I don't mine, but I'm partial to Ethereum, myself

I don't mine but I play around with crypto.
    Got most of my money in low value alt coins currently, valued under 2000 satoshis generally.
    I bought my first BTC back in May 2017 with the earnings from my first festival of the year. Now playing around with about 6x the value it had then, so its been fun and profitable!
    I take some gambles as its basically money I never had, so if it tanks completely I'm not really out of pocket.

Hopefully buying a (used) van in the next couple of months from the proceeds, and its paid towards some new moving heads as well.
    ETH and LTC are good for moving funds between exchanges I find due to lower fees and faster processing. BTC has become more stable since Xmas as I think people are using it as a place to park money whilst waiting for the next big thing.

Staying on top of everything is the worst part! Too many exchanges required to access all the coins/tokens; Bittrex, Binance, GDAX, Cryptopia, etc...
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Getting verified on all the exchanges has been the worst issue for me. Systems are bogged down with new users and getting verified to trade on some of them has become a joke.

My miner is mostly mining BTC but have been using whattomine.com to mine some of the other alt coins like digibyte.

I agree that using LTC and Etherum to move coins around is the best since the fees are low. I have been using those to get into the XRP game.
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

Im making the switch form BTC to Ethereum as the diff. is way too high!! Ive got 2.5thps and it only does $3.50 a day.. The new rig has 9 GPUs and its doing about $30 a day at less power too..
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyRobot View Post
    Getting verified on all the exchanges has been the worst issue for me. Systems are bogged down with new users and getting verified to trade on some of them has become a joke.

My miner is mostly mining BTC but have been using whattomine.com to mine some of the other alt coins like digibyte.

I agree that using LTC and Etherum to move coins around is the best since the fees are low. I have been using those to get into the XRP game.
    I'm about to get into XRP - so you are saying that's best to first pay for LTC or Eth and then exchange for XRP due to payment fees? Any recommendations on the platform for the LTC/ETH trading ? Cheers!
    My kit: Mamba Elements V3 & DAC, ILD SOS & LaserCam, LaserDock DAC, Kvant Clubmax 1800 (2017)

Lots of people use Coinbase to get their fiat into crypto (and back out again). So if that's what you're doing its better to load up into ETH or LTC then send to the trading exchange from there.
    Frikkin Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by Melgarh View Post
    I'm about to get into XRP - so you are saying that's best to first pay for LTC or Eth and then exchange for XRP due to payment fees? Any recommendations on the platform for the LTC/ETH trading ? Cheers!
    Seems like to get most alt coins you need to first get BTC, ETH or LTC. Sometimes you can do BCC. ETH and LTC transactions have lowers fees to buy and sell.

Right now I am using Evercoin on my phone to do most trades but I recently found Binance and I am testing the waters with them.
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

TO give you an example, this afternoon I wanted to buy some AppCoin (APPC)
    So I bought some LTC in Coinbase using my credit card.
    Sent LTC to Binance wallet.
    Bought BTC on Binance with LTC.
    Bought APPC with BTC.

Would've been easier if there was an LTC/APPC pair.
    It appears to be worth 80% more than when I bought it right now....

The other benefit to transferring in LTC is it took less than 30 minutes. I had to wait nearly a day for an equivalent BTC transfer to be verified.
    Frikkin Lasers

Its crazy how you have to jump form one to another...lol
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt