Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rust removal laser

No, metal backed mirrors but you will need to cool them. On the 4.4kw CO2 I used to work on all of the mirrors were water cooled. They fit in a mount that routed water over the back of the mirror. With q-switched lasers the average power is much lower so mirrors dont need to be as heavy, though I have vaporized the coating off a aluminumizined front surface mirror at 6w average power at 355nm unfocused. Even at work on the machines we make the mirrors do not have an unlimited life, they do "wear" and need to be replaced eventually.

... the rotating polygon mirrors in old laser-printer-heads are mostly made of aluminium, so should withstand some energy density ... but not so much as some 100 Kilowatts peak power on a square-Millimeter ... but could be worth a try (and the glass-f-theta too) ...

Viktor
    Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?426
    Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?425

With a generic polygon scanner from a laser printer the coating is pretty awful. I am betting a q-switched laser will fry the mirror in short order. It really needs to be dielectric coated for max reflection at the needed wavelength. The mirrors on the galvos at work are dielectric coated beryllium.

standard 1064nm f-theta lens are fused silica that is transparent to NIR spectrum
    The problem is the anti reflective coating 1064nm lens has ...
    Is it possible to make my own anti reflective coating for NIR spectrum diode has to standard 1064nm f-theta lens?