Thread: SELEM Q & A requests for “remote attendees”

Default SELEM Q & A requests for “remote attendees”

Since several of us had originally planned to attend this year’s SELEM but had to change our plans, I was thinking it might be helpful if we had a centralized thread where we could post some tech questions that we hoped to address if we had attended in person. My thoughts are perhaps our questions could be fielded during related presentations / discussions, with one of the helpful attendees summarizing the responses here.

TIA if anyone can help with that!

Randy
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Default Beyond 5x and QM2000 boards

Here are some questions I had concerning Beyond 5x and QM2000 ~
    Asking here since I figure there might be a few folks attending SELEM that might know something about this :

1. I plan on using (2) QM2000 boards installed in a networked PC running separately from the master Beyond 5 PC. All Beyond and secured show licenses are tied to a FB3 connected via USB directly to the master PC. Any special installation & setup requirements for the networked PC so the QM boards appear correctly across the network to the master Beyond PC? Both machines running Windows 10.
    2. Will the QM2000 boards continue to be supported after 5x?

Thanks!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

No QM support after Beyond5
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ScannerMAX Mechanical Engineer
    ryan {at} scannermax.com

Any chance of live stream of the presentations? or even youtube videos?
    Last edited by icecruncher; 08-12-2021 at 11:46. Reason: added comment about youtube

Quote Originally Posted by rns0504 View Post
    No QM support after Beyond5
    Ouch. Will there be any new development at all for them? They are unique and still have qualities you don't find in other DACs that require a USB/ethernet connection to run a show so it seems they still have purpose... although the hardware is antiquated. Any plans on a different device that can run standalone?