Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photos from SELEM

No BMI/ASCAP issues with this one, as I composed, recorded, produced, released, and own the rights to all of this music. My only request is that you listen to this on a set of decent, stereo speakers or headphones and not on a mono phone speaker, please.

Here's my live synthesizer and Radiator set from Club SELEM. This is a dual projector setup with the Radiator through an X-Laser Mobile Beat Mirage (THANKS AGAIN, @HANKLLOYDRIGHT) and my Eurorack through a homebuilt projector which has nice ~45k scanners but terrible "analogo" color modulation. The primary Radiator graphic is about 2m (~6-feet) in diameter.

Most of the synthesizers and around 2/3 of the Radiator presets are controlled through MIDI by Ableton Live. Live also sends some MIDI CC to control color on the Radiator while I'm busy on an analog Moog synthesizer that can't be controlled digitally.

For the Eurorack, Radiator X/Y is fed into a pair of esoteric amplitude modulators called FlexShapers. The amplitude offsets at each point are modulated with LFOs and function generators in the Eurorack to add various types of Z rotation and spreads by syncing harmonics of the Radiator X/Y. The amount of spread for each axis is controlled by the Intellijel Planar2 joystick.

Color comes from the 3 LFOs from the Radiator mixed with static voltage offset knobs that I'm playing manually mixed with a 3-phase LFO called the ModBox. I built a cascade of bipolar mixers to blend and route them in various ways. The occasional tri-color background graphic is from the ModBox's 0-, 120-, and 240-degree outputs directly to each color.

XYRGB are then fed to an LZX Cyclops to the fast projector.

As many of you know, I'm primarily a musician and was juggling 4 synthesizers (not including 52 soft synths and their respective sequencers) alongside the laser setup, so please excuse the missed cues and technical issue in one of the songs.

Additional details including the tracklist can be found in the YouTube video description.

Quote Originally Posted by Afturmath View Post
    No BMI/ASCAP issues with this one, as I composed, recorded, produced, released, and own the rights to all of this music. My only request is that you listen to this on a set of decent, stereo speakers or headphones and not on a mono phone speaker, please.

Here's my live synthesizer and Radiator set from Club SELEM. This is a dual projector setup with the Radiator through an X-Laser Mobile Beat Mirage (THANKS AGAIN, @HANKLLOYDRIGHT) and my Eurorack through a homebuilt projector which has nice ~45k scanners but terrible "analogo" color modulation. The primary Radiator graphic is about 2m (~6-feet) in diameter.

Most of the synthesizers and around 2/3 of the Radiator presets are controlled through MIDI by Ableton Live. Live also sends some MIDI CC to control color on the Radiator while I'm busy on an analog Moog synthesizer that can't be controlled digitally.

For the Eurorack, Radiator X/Y is fed into a pair of esoteric amplitude modulators called FlexShapers. The amplitude offsets at each point are modulated with LFOs and function generators in the Eurorack to add various types of Z rotation and spreads by syncing harmonics of the Radiator X/Y. The amount of spread for each axis is controlled by the Intellijel Planar2 joystick.

Color comes from the 3 LFOs from the Radiator mixed with static voltage offset knobs that I'm playing manually mixed with a 3-phase LFO called the ModBox. I built a cascade of bipolar mixers to blend and route them in various ways. The occasional tri-color background graphic is from the ModBox's 0-, 120-, and 240-degree outputs directly to each color.

XYRGB are then fed to an LZX Cyclops to the fast projector.

As many of you know, I'm primarily a musician and was juggling 4 synthesizers (not including 52 soft synths and their respective sequencers) alongside the laser setup, so please excuse the missed cues and technical issue in one of the songs.

Additional details including the tracklist can be found in the YouTube video description.

Video Unavailable

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock View Post
    Video Unavailable
    Views are steadily trickling in, and it appears to be working for everyone else. I suspect a local issue on your client/device/network.

I get the "Playback on other websites has been disabled by the video owner" message, but it works if you click the "Watch on YouTube" link.

Thanks for posting, Afturmath!

I was able to view it using Hanks method.

Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    I get the "Playback on other websites has been disabled by the video owner" message, but it works if you click the "Watch on YouTube" link.

Thanks for posting, Afturmath!
    Thanks for pointing this out. I have embeds disabled by default. Enabled now.