Thread: LaserKing - are they still on the go?

Default LaserKing - are they still on the go?

Hi All,

First time post here..

I have 4 LaserKing LK-RGB2W's that have been excellent. I had them in for servicing recently and am in need of some spare parts to repair a couple of broken ones. I have previously dealt with Linna but all emails are bouncing and it looks like the laserking website is no longer there. Does anyone know if they have ceased trading?

Thanks
    Dean

I'm confused. Are you talking about the Chinese units that had the effects wheels built-in? If so, then I think that company was sold several years ago, so I have no idea where you'd find any original parts now.

You said you had these projectors in for service though, which makes me think that you are talking about a different LaserKing company...

Are these projectors certified in the US under a manufacturer's variance? If so, you should be able to look up the manufacturer on regulations.gov.

If not, then what parts specifically are you looking for?

Adam

Yeah I think that's probably the company. They made several different laser projectors and always seemed to come fairly highly recommended on here.
    I have had them in for service at a uk based company that builds and repairs lasers. They took a look and have said that a couple of them need a new DMX board and one needs a control board. It's not looking likely that I will be able to get the parts as I'd imagine that theyre so sopecific to the particular laser.

My other thought, and I literally know nothing about this... is that even though the DMX board is damaged, maybe they will stil work via the ILDA port? I could then invest in something like the Moncha Go and fiesta for mac software to operate them instead of DMX. Just thinking out loud here really..

Quote Originally Posted by JustDeano View Post
    is that even though the DMX board is damaged, maybe they will stil work via the ILDA port? I could then invest in something like the Moncha Go and fiesta for mac software to operate them instead of DMX.
    If the DMX board is the only thing that failed, then yes - the projector should still work fine with ILDA input. Many projectors will automatically switch to ILDA-input mode when they detect a completed interlock loop on the ILDA connector. (Pins 4 and 17 shorted) If your unit is like this, then as soon as you connect an ILDA controller to the ILDA port, the unit should switch over to ILDA input mode.

However, if this is not how your projector is set up, then you may need to dig into the guts and modify the wiring to connect the signals from the ILDA connector directly to the scanners and the laser diode drivers. Also, you said that one projector had a bad "control board". Depending on what this board did, it might need to be bypassed in order to get the projector running. (Again, connecting the signals from the ILDA port directly to the lasers and scanner amps should work just fine.)

Regardless, once your projector is accepting signals from the ILDA port, you can use any controller and software combination you want to run shows.

Adam