Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First post, keen to get acquainted to everyone here!

Hi Pieterjan, good to see you here too

Hey Victor,

Yeah for sure. What have you been working on recently?

I was lucky I had 2 RGB and 2 single colour lasers from years ago I was able to pull apart to see how all the internals worked. I did start by looking into arduino and some stepper motors but decided to go it properly so invested in a galvo kit then got the optic parts etc all separately. Really didn't expect to get such a good result for the first time but theres always room for improvement.

Been trying to find some way of getting my own shows working but haven't had any luck so far. Havn't been able to find a manual for the SD-Card reader to see what format the folders need to be in. I know it run .ild.
    Buttons were made to be pushed!

At the moment I'm just studying electronics as per Adam's recommendation. I really want to get into the know-how of how and why everything operates the way it does, so I'm not satisfied with just buying a bunch of parts and putting them all together without any knowledge. We have a family friend who used to produce lasers and DACs and he said he had a box full of old scanners and other parts he didn't mind giving away to me, so that'll be exciting to play with.

I'm sure if you're able to get a model or part no. for your lasers somebody on the forums will have the answer for you

Default Hi Victor.I’m in Sydney too.

Quote Originally Posted by pewtifal View Post
    At the moment I'm just studying electronics as per Adam's recommendation. I really want to get into the know-how of how and why everything operates the way it does, so I'm not satisfied with just buying a bunch of parts and putting them all together without any knowledge. We have a family friend who used to produce lasers and DACs and he said he had a box full of old scanners and other parts he didn't mind giving away to me, so that'll be exciting to play with.

I'm sure if you're able to get a model or part no. for your lasers somebody on the forums will have the answer for you
    Hi Victor, I’m in Manly, Sydney and just getting into lasers. Happy to learn with you, swap parts and collaborate on builds and ideas. Shoot me a text on 04168 04168 and let’s get together over a beer or a decent meal and chat about what we can build. Cheers, Brett.

Just shot you a text mate

Lightbulb howdy guys

Hi guys,

There are a few more of us here in Sydney too, myself (Steve), Troy (loopee) and Vic have been kicking around for a few years now, we even did an AusLem a fair few years back but wasn't very busy, but had a great warehouse in Marrickville and had fun!

Be great to get a meet up going, still got a bit of equipment that needs a good dusting off!

Hi guys,

There are a few more of us here in Sydney too, myself (Steve), Troy (loopee) and Vic have been kicking around for a few years now, we even did an AusLem a fair few years back but wasn't very busy, but had a great warehouse in Marrickville and had fun!

Be great to get a meet up going, still got a bit of equipment that needs a good dusting off!
    That's awesome to hear. I haven't made too much headways in terms of building my laser as of yet as I've been busy teaching myself other stuff and setting up gigs. But it would be great to have a group of laser enthusiasts under the same roof sometime so we can talk about all things coherent. PM me for my phone number and we can keep in closer contact