Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zuckerberg, really?

Default Zuckerberg, really?

Don't know about the rest of you, and I know Lissajous images and shapes are not copyrightable, but I bet Zuckerberg is trying, has tried, or paid someone off to enable him to do so, but I'm a bit offended. I wonder if he's copyrighted the exact phase relationships?

I first saw the 1:1 and 1:2 XY frequency ratios displayed on my dad's tube-based oscilloscope when I was probably four years old or back in 1952...and many times more over the next 10 years or so.

I keep hoping he comes to a bad end for many, many reasons. Terrible to feel that way as I normally love everyone, but not that turd.
    Glowing green eyes is a camera photoflash reflection.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser57 View Post
    I keep hoping he comes to a bad end for many, many reasons. Terrible to feel that way as I normally love everyone, but not that turd.
    Amen! LOL!!!

I assume you're talking about the new "Meta" logo?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a86e5069ef12403ca66e55a9c97f983c.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	58410

There's a big difference between copyright and trademark. They most certainly can copyright and trademark this particular stylized design. Anyone can copyright any unique artistic expression. But Facebook probably won't file a copyright on this design (they actually don't have to file anything -- any unique artistic expression is automatically copyrighted when created). But Facebook/Meta will most certainly file a trademark application for the logo if they haven't already (I don't see one filed yet).

They can't claim broad protection against other similar Lissajous designs (unless they're so similar it would be confusing to an average person),just because they are Lissajous.

Also, I don't see any ©, ™,℠ or ® symbols on the new logo or the name "Meta", so I don't see where they're even claiming any copyrights, or pending or registered trademarks (yet). They probably submitted a trademark application for the new logo, but these things can take many months or over a year to get approved(registered).

Also, they can't copyright or trademark just the name "Meta", but they can trademark the logo design that includes the blue Lissajous pattern and the word Meta like this:

For instance, they have a trademark on the letter "f", but ONLY this design: https://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showf...06:ay1awi.3.29

Quote Originally Posted by lasermaster1977 View Post
    I first saw the 1:1 and 1:2 XY frequency ratios displayed on my dad's tube-based oscilloscope when I was probably four years old or back in 1952...and many times more over the next 10 years or so.
    Just because these kinds of designs existed long before Facebook/Meta doesn't mean they can't trademark and protect this particular design. There are lots of big brands with simple trademarked designs like this. Take the McDonalds "Arches" -- it's just the letter "M" which existed well before McDonalds. But they certainly have a trademark on their logo (also notice the ® symbol in the corner):

Other examples are the Chevron logo -- it's just two chevrons. But they have a trademark on it:

See: https://trademarks.justia.com/856/68...-85668007.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Shot 2021-10-31 at 8.55.33 AM.png  

Last edited by HankLloydRight; 10-31-2021 at 05:12.

Well, I will be nothing but hyper critical of that company and Zuck for the rest of my life, so I can't say anything good about them. Closed my account over a year ago due to their constant censorship of members. Big tech can go to hell with their authoritarian control of people, google and YT too for that matter. Just wish I could find a good replacement for YT.

I'm not at all comfortable with FB, Google, Microsoft, Apple, etc, etc, etc... infiltrating our regular daily lives. I'd like to think I'm immune to the negative influence it might have on me personally, but that's probably not very realistic. However I try to find the signals within the noise. I have been able to connect with so many people all over the world and make myself availed of so much great information. There simply is no other way that this could have happened.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

This, unfortunately, is on YouTube which I see as one of the big tech manipulators and suppressors of freedom of speech, but at least this guy is spreading the word about big tech through them:

https://youtu.be/PFA9nDHkzqc

I figured that was supposed to be a mobius strip.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    I figured that was supposed to be a mobius strip.
    So where is the half-twist?

Quote Originally Posted by lasermaster1977 View Post
    So where is the half-twist?
    Beats me but makes as much sense as a Lissajous pattern that has thickness.