Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DT40 Pro failure?

Quote Originally Posted by cruch View Post
    I have found the problem. One of the blue adjustment pots is loose from the PCB. How this happends, I dont know.
    I guess I need to send it off to Jian for a fix.

Thanks for all ideas
    Upload some pictures here,let me find what happen
    Jian
    http://dtscanner.cn/en/homeen

DT-40pro scanner
    DT45/50 scanner

well, I guess I have been careless when I have moved to my new flat.
    It looks like one of the blue pots has bend sideways and a wire is loose.
    I will try to solder it later...when I got time

Pangolin FB3 QS/LivePro/SMS2Laser
    Riya MultiBus
    Pangolin LD2000 Pro

This was a good suggestion for the suggestion box

Quote Originally Posted by p1t8ull View Post
    Cool, at least it's not a serious issue
    I think a loose potentiometer on a PCB amplifer is a serious reflection of poor quality control. Seems pretty serious to me if the amp craps out in less than a few days use.
    What If he had a Gig to do and depended on the equipment.
    Crappy quality control equals lost time and business.
    You get what you pay for !
    Profile Redacted by Admin @ 04.24.2010

Quote Originally Posted by LaserLover View Post
    I think a loose potentiometer on a PCB amplifer is a serious reflection of poor quality control. Seems pretty serious to me if the amp craps out in less than a few days use.
    Quote Originally Posted by cruch View Post
    well, I guess I have been careless when I have moved to my new flat. It looks like one of the blue pots has bend sideways and a wire is loose
    Sounded more like a physical damage fault rather than poor quality to me, AFAIK trim pots don't push themselves off

Yeah! It was my mistake, being careless when moving to my new flat.! So it is not poor quality. And BTW, I got sevrals units of DT40Pro and all is running perfectly. I even have the old DT40 also for years, still working perfectly. So the DT40Pro is good shit. I will try to solder the pot later to day. I will post result later on.

Riya MultiBus
    Pangolin LD2000 Pro

If the pot was physically torn loose it probably needs to be replaced (I'm sure newark or digi-key would have a suitable replacement) If the solder and pads are still intact, If the solder is broken, a 'cold solder joint' may have been the culprit along with the vibration/ impact damage..
    could you take a macro close-up pic of the underside of the pot and the PCB?

ok! One of the pin was broken, so i solder a new "pin" and solder it on the PCB. Looks great. Now, I just need to hook it up and do a test run..
    More to come...

WHOHAAA!!!
    It really works!! JUST LIKE NEW!!!
    hehe
    Last edited by cruch; 09-07-2007 at 05:53. Reason: IT works

Riya MultiBus
    Pangolin LD2000 Pro

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by LaserLover View Post
    I think a loose potentiometer on a PCB amplifer is a serious reflection of poor quality control.
    No, he said that he damaged it when he moved to his new apartment. Quality control has nothing to do with it.
    Seems pretty serious to me if the amp craps out in less than a few days use.
    Huh? He's had those galvos for a *long* time. Re-read his post - he said that they were working fine a few weeks ago (before his move), not that he just got them a few weeks ago. That was before he realized that he had broken the potentiometer off during the move.
    Then I expect he would need to be more careful when moving his equipment! Seriously though - that's why the pro's keep their kit in a flight case... I bet I could break off a potentiometer on a Cambridge amp too, if I were careless and/or clumsy with it.
    Are you trying to say that the DT-40's have crappy quality control? Based on what? There are lots of people here that are using them; how many of them have complained about lousy quality control? (I haven't heard any major complaints...) Furthermore, I know of two laser show companies that are using Chinese galvos (one uses DT-40's, the other uses the Scan-Pro units) in their projectors, and both companies are pleased with the performance of the scanners. So what's your beef?

Remember, in Cruch's case it was only after he moved that he damaged them, and he admitted that it was his fault. This thread isn't about bad quality control, it's about how to fix a scanner amp after you break it. (Which, incidentally, he *did* manage to fix himself...)

Adam

Buffo: I agree to all that you said

I didn't have any case for this lasersystem, since I just have build it...no time to make any case yet. BUT I know better now..
    And I must take better care of my laserssystems. So fragile.
    I have learned the hard way.

Still, DT40 Pro's ROXX (Jian, you make quality galvos)

Riya MultiBus
    Pangolin LD2000 Pro