Thread: Spectra Physics 125A Feet

Default Spectra Physics 125A Feet

hello,

I recently got a spectra physics 125A and it seems to be missing a foot, haha. I'm just wondering if anyone has any spares or a dead head they could rip one off of? Attachment 58360right now i'm just using one of my textbooks to keep it relatively level but its kinda suboptimal.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails feet.jpeg  

Last edited by lasingfox; 10-08-2021 at 06:01.

Do you have a 3D printer? I would print a replacement foot for you but I am in a different continent, so that does not make sense.
    Check Facebook, somebody around you might have a printer. Should be a quick (1h) print.

Quote Originally Posted by Farbe View Post
    Do you have a 3D printer? I would print a replacement foot for you but I am in a different continent, so that does not make sense.
    Check Facebook, somebody around you might have a printer. Should be a quick (1h) print.
    the problem with that is i need it to be strong. the thing weighs almost 100 pounds and almost all that weight goes on the two small feet. i wouldn't trust a 3d printed part to hold up my 2 meter long glass tube. one wrong shock and its over D:

That would be only around 50pound per foot so around 22kg. I myself (around 70kg) tried to brake 3D printed parts by standing on them, even a hollow cube of 1cm size (0,4") did hold my weight.
    I would trust a 3D printed part, After all you could print completely solid.

If you really want, maybe somebody could turn some aluminium on a lathe, I would but shipping is very expensive.

Your attachment does not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Farbe View Post
    That would be only around 50pound per foot so around 22kg. I myself (around 70kg) tried to brake 3D printed parts by standing on them, even a hollow cube of 1cm size (0,4") did hold my weight.
    I would trust a 3D printed part, After all you could print completely solid.

If you really want, maybe somebody could turn some aluminium on a lathe, I would but shipping is very expensive.

Your attachment does not work.

odd, it doesn't show theres an attachment in the editor so I can't really fix it. but anyways, the other issue is of stability. even if i were to trust the 3d printed material (i mainly just dont want to risk it), it wouldn't be as rigid as a honkin piece of aluminum. i have plans to just machine one at my school using their equipment but an original would be ideal since it has adjustable height and a lot of parts to it.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

You might be able to improvise....

feet | McMaster-Carr

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    You might be able to improvise....

feet | McMaster-Carr

Steve
    oh yea i'm getting those. i sort of meant the entire bar assembly to mount to the bottom.