Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: for those who do not want the COVID-19 vaccination and keep there jobs

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    I'm super fun at parties!
    I know you meant it in jest, but actually, I'd have to say that you really are super fun at parties. After all, how many people bring their own awesome artwork to a party?

(From the pre-SELEM dinner party at The Artist's Cafe back in 2008!)

For the record, your painting looked better than 90% of the art they had on the walls in that place dude...

Adam

Been silently following this thread and I'm quite disgusted that you even made this thread in the first place.

You are encouraging lying with false conspiracy information as your motive.

It's your duty to get vaccinated to protect yourself, your hospital workers (Who are sick and tired of treating people nonstop for covid, where as most of them are now unvaccinated people) and your fellow americans. People refusing to get vaccinated for things that have been well proven like smolpox vaccinations are what is causing smolpox outbreaks still from this day... I'm surprised you haven't learned anything from that.

Can you tell me what page of the bible or any religion for that matter says that a vaccination falls outside of religion? Would you refuse surgery or medication because of a religion? I think not....
    You do know that this selfish choice will lead to the deaths of many more people... I'd say that this choice in of itself could be considered a sin.

If you still believe in it being "your choice" then I believe its also the choice of the majority for employers to not wanting to employ you under those conditions.. It makes you a hazard as you are a breeding ground for variants as a virus has a time advantage to mutate in your body.

Before you say "it doesn't prevent covid" : Yes you can get covid with a vax still... but the time it's present in your body is significantly shortened..preventing severe mutations... your chances of also getting really sick are severely minimized.
    Last edited by masterpj; 10-21-2021 at 06:52.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    I know you meant it in jest, but actually, I'd have to say that you really are super fun at parties. After all, how many people bring their own awesome artwork to a party?

(From the pre-SELEM dinner party at The Artist's Cafe back in 2008!)

For the record, your painting looked better than 90% of the art they had on the walls in that place dude...

Adam
    Ha! I remember that. When I brought it in and walked through the gallery / restaurant area, one of the staff quickly came up on me and said "Hey! You can't take the art off the walls!" So I stabbed him to death and ran away. Or something like that. Maybe I just told him it was mine.

90% ?
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Ha! I remember that. When I brought it in and walked through the gallery / restaurant area, one of the staff quickly came up on me and said "Hey! You can't take the art off the walls!"
    Seriously? I never heard that story! Too damned funny though. And yeah, most of the stuff they had on the walls was pretty lame, in my opinion anyway.

90% ?
    Hehe. I was trying to be kind to the local artists from Newton.

You know, the painting above is not the only piece of art you brought with you that year. Do you remember the other one?

Here's a reminder:

For those of you who weren't present, the LED squares all started off as the same color, but they all changed colors on a slightly different time scale, so after a while you'd get this random color field that would continuously change. And yeah, that's Aaron and Frank having a serious discussion in the foreground, while DZ is in the background looking askance. I'd like to think he's contemplating just how screwed up the shadows were in that sailboat painting on the wall... (Seriously! The port hull of the trailing boat is brightly lit, yet the port hull of the lead boat is in shadow, and to make things even more confusing, the sails on BOTH vessels show a shadow to the front, suggesting the light is ahead of them. So is the sun to port, to starboard, or dead ahead? Or all 3? Sheesh...)

More pictures of that epic pre-SELEM dinner party here in the gallery.

Adam

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    More pictures of that epic pre-SELEM dinner party here in the gallery.

Adam
    oh my god, you guys were so young...

what happened?

(ducking)
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

That square thing with the matrix of colored leds is another piece of art I made.

That one was made with first generation color changing leds. Since then I've made two more with leds that are about 10 times as bright. One is slow changing and the other is fast. They both really light up a dark room.

Wow! This thread went way OT!

PS: That's why I don't do representational art. You can't judge an abstract painting for not looking like something.

Last edited by james; 10-21-2021 at 10:23.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

PS: That's why I don't do representational art. You can't judge an abstract painting for not looking like something.

Ah, but you have done a few charming caricatures- here's a memorable one from college days.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TireIron.jpg  

Damn! Been a while since I've seen that.

Circa 1986, I think.

Let's just leave it right there.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    oh my god, you guys were so young...
    We really were, weren't we?

what happened?
    I've often wondered the same thing, dude. The only answer I can come up with is: Life happened.

You think you're going to live forever? Yeah, I used to think so as well. Now, not so much! But that's OK; I have a better perspective now. And I can still look back fondly at those early years.

Time waits for no one, pal. Make the most of today!

Although you might just live forever... After all, you're the only one here who's survived a laser projector to the head, so maybe you are immortal!

Which is probably a good thing, given the original topic.

HA! I *knew* you had an angle! Clever...

Adam

I got 2 doses of Pfizer. Sign me up for a Moderna booster!

I am so grateful that we have these vaccines and that they are free.

Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials