Thread: low fog chiller "ultrasonic"

Default low fog chiller "ultrasonic"

i found this on youtube and thought it was pretty cool idea!

https://youtu.be/D6TYLTQch6I proof of concept test

https://youtu.be/LM4D5JZAtXg DIY build

great for Halloween!!!

The guy never shows the fog produced with only the ultrasonic generators running. He always has his regular fogger running as well.

I've never seen thick fog like that from an ultrasonic generator, even when you have a bunch of them running. Also, the fog from an ultrasonic generator tends to dissipate rather quickly compared to the fog from a fog machine.

Brian used a bunch of ultrasonic generators (like 24 emitters) for his laminar-flow fog screen video display, and the reason he used ultrasonic generators was precisely because it dissipated so quickly. If you watch the videos he posted, you can see how fast the fog disappears. That's not what you want for ground-fog though...

I think if you wanted a cold fog generator to give you some ground-hugging fog for your Halloween display, you'd be better off using a standard fogger, a fan, 20 ft of flexible dryer hose, and a big trash can full of ice. Just coil the dryer hose around the inside wall of the can, fill the center with ice, and run the dryer hose out through a hole that you cut in the side of the can near the bottom. Put the fan at the top, blowing into the dryer hose, and put the fog machine right behind the fan so the fog goes into the fan, into the dryer hose, down into the coin in the trash can (where it is cooled by the ice) and out the bottom in a thick, ground-hugging cloud of cold fog.

Adam

Default Different fog juice mix

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    The guy never shows the fog produced with only the ultrasonic generators running. He always has his regular fogger running as well.

I've never seen thick fog like that from an ultrasonic generator, even when you have a bunch of them running. Also, the fog from an ultrasonic generator tends to dissipate rather quickly compared to the fog from a fog machine.

Brian used a bunch of ultrasonic generators (like 24 emitters) for his laminar-flow fog screen video display, and the reason he used ultrasonic generators was precisely because it dissipated so quickly. If you watch the videos he posted, you can see how fast the fog disappears. That's not what you want for ground-fog though...

I think if you wanted a cold fog generator to give you some ground-hugging fog for your Halloween display, you'd be better off using a standard fogger, a fan, 20 ft of flexible dryer hose, and a big trash can full of ice. Just coil the dryer hose around the inside wall of the can, fill the center with ice, and run the dryer hose out through a hole that you cut in the side of the can near the bottom. Put the fan at the top, blowing into the dryer hose, and put the fog machine right behind the fan so the fog goes into the fan, into the dryer hose, down into the coin in the trash can (where it is cooled by the ice) and out the bottom in a thick, ground-hugging cloud of cold fog.

Adam
    The cold fog generator definitely proven itself and I agree that it puts out some nice thick low-lying fog!
    I like the idea of the ultrasonic fog machine because you don’t have to keep putting ice in it, but definitely needs more improvement to create a better fog maybe a mix of Glycerin and propylene glycol might do the trick I know it makes a thicker fog in standard use, but seems to take for ever to clear.
    Hopefully this Halloween nobody will require the kids to have a proof of vaccination card to obtain candy from house to house!
    Lol
    Last edited by Lasertize; 10-20-2021 at 09:02. Reason: Voice dictation sucks and apparently lowers your IQ on this forum