Thread: Issue with Mamba ILDA RGB format

Default Issue with Mamba ILDA RGB format

I came across a annoying glitch in Mamba, was wondering in anyone using Mamba or Mamba black has noticed the same - or am I doing it wrong?

When saving a framelist in ilda rgb format and reloading it all colors are shifted: red becomes green, green becomes blue and blue becomes red.

saving the file again, closing it and opening it again twice will give the original colors back again.

The problem occurs when opening the file as the sequence of: opening and saving it twice (without closing and reopening) will only five one time the described color shift.

I'm using mamba 2004 version 1.60g. I'm think about upgrading to Mamba black it would be very helpful if anyone could report whether Mamba Black does this?

thanks.
    Last edited by Zoof; 08-25-2007 at 05:26.

Hi Zoof
    I just tried it in Mamba black I dont have a version of Mamba 2004 that isnt 3 years old so havent ried on that.
    I created 4 frames one circle of each R G B and one of RGB concentric squares. I saved the framelist closed it re-opened it and its fine....
    I also closed mamba re opened it waited a f**king lifetime for the bleeding logo to go away then reloaded the frame list - all fine here.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Rob,
    I was hoping you would jump in. Actually 1.60g version is compiled in November 2005. Still old though. I mailed the bug to Medialas, waiting for their reply.

thanks.

Hey Zoof if you can mail me a zip of the 2004 file I will try it out.
    You can mail me at... rob <at> stanwax <dot> co <dot> uk
    I had a quick look on Medialas site and it didnt jump out at me

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

Rob, thanks for the help.

Just got a reply from Medialas :

I can repuduce your described error.

This is a bug from Mamba2004 (you have the latest one) - But we could
    not fix your problem.

We develop only MambaBlack.

One reason to fix your problem is:
    Please save your Ilda-File as an "Ilda standard (256colors)" over the
    output to file button.

In the attachement of this email you find my test frames...

This is only a Mamba2004 problem! Mamba Black didnīt have this problem.

Saving in 256 color format isn't going to help me. Pre-shifting the colors so that Mamba 2004 will read it right could work- but will be messy. Spending hard earned euros to upgrade to Mamba black comes to mind but not sure about that - Mamba 2004 should do the job just right if it worked.
    Any other ideas?

I can understand if they mean they are concentrating on Mamba Black and will get back to 2004 at some point - if they really mean they are not developing it - this sucks and they deserve everyone to buy LA Freak. Ok I know pango hobby is not as cheap but its a heluva lot more bang for the buck and you know they will care enough to sort out your probs.
    Drop Old Grumpy a PM and ask him - he is the developer and is sure to know if any 2004 work is on the cards.

I think just saying save in a different format is a cop out myself and does not constitute support!

Rob