Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 5mW laser pointers : green ,blue and red .

Default 5mW laser pointers : green ,blue and red .

We sell laser pointers , good quality and good service . OEM Order Welcome, Factory Direct

welcome visit for useful information about laser pointers and laser pointer safety :

www.anewstone.com

Do you understand that you are selling unfiltered NewWish and Spymode lasers? I only see one style on there that I know has a filter. The NewWish lasers you are selling are not actual NewWish pointers and do not contain a filter. I would recommend talking to your suppliers about that problem. On top of that, you can get the same crappy pointers on ebay for much less. I'm not trying to be rude, but this is stupid, you are selling products that damage people's eyesight even when they take proper safety precautions for 532nm light. If you believe what you have are filtered, I can test that for you, I have an Ocean Optics USB4000 Spectrometer. I would be happy to test the output for you and provide results you could give to your customers.
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Ben View Post
    Do you understand that you are selling unfiltered NewWish and Spymode lasers? I only see one style on there that I know has a filter. The NewWish lasers you are selling are not actual NewWish pointers and do not contain a filter. I would recommend talking to your suppliers about that problem. On top of that, you can get the same crappy pointers on ebay for much less. I'm not trying to be rude, but this is stupid, you are selling products that damage people's eyesight even when they take proper safety precautions for 532nm light. If you believe what you have are filtered, I can test that for you, I have an Ocean Optics USB4000 Spectrometer. I would be happy to test the output for you and provide results you could give to your customers.
    thanks for your offer . But we have filters if customer want to .

Exclamation

Why would you sell them without filters in the first place?

Any visible laser that can emit invisible light should not be sold with out a filter. Especially handhelds, as most people who buy them are usually starting off on their downward spiral into the laser hobby and are ignorant about the more obscure dangers like IR leakage. You should include a filter on every dpss "pointer" you sell...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Thumbs down WTF is you problem.

Agreed !!! I honestly believe you are lying when you say that. You should actively tell people that your lasers are bad for their eyes . That would be like having a gun without a safety and only telling people if they ask. You obviously don't care about your customers. Is it too much to ask to have you put a 35 cent filter in your lasers?
    CLICKY!!!

Aren't all lasers bad for the eyes?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by carmangary View Post
    Aren't all lasers bad for the eyes?
    Yea, but with a laser that is emitting nothing but visible light, you know where the danger lies... IR can spread out more, althought this lessens the danger area, you could lean into the cone of IR that would be close to the aperature of your laser without knowing it. It is not that dangerous as is ot really coherent, but you will also get inaccurate readings for power. You may buy a "100mW green laser" that will test at 100mW but if there is IR leakage, you are measuring, for example only, 75mW of IR and 25mW of green, hence, you are only "seeing" 25mW of green. Many n00bs have no idea what 100mW of green look like. It is not so much dangerous as it is dishonest.

Yea, but he's only selling 5mw pointers. Are you guys making a bigger deal out of this than necessary?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by carmangary View Post
    Yea, but he's only selling 5mw pointers. Are you guys making a bigger deal out of this than necessary?
    It's the principalities involved Smokey... You see the 5 to 10mW blue for $1k... I'd hate to get 5mW of IR and 3 of Blue... especially when a $0.35 part will garrentee that when I measure it I KNOW I am getting every blue photon my $100/mW was meant to buy.

Plus you knopw we like to smack people around a little here.
    Last edited by allthatwhichis; 08-25-2007 at 20:44.

No, they still use a 150mW 808nm pump. much of that will leak out because of the low efficiency of the MCA.
    CLICKY!!!