Thread: Software (and hardware) to control multiple lasers independently

Default Software (and hardware) to control multiple lasers independently

Apologies for the incredible NooB post, but I’m having a hard time finding software to start with to control my Lasercube and a Chinese ILDA laser independent of each other, but sync’d to the same timeline. That’s the ultimate goal - working on multiple lasers, no single standard (I ordered the cube before the pro came out with ILDA interface), and I’d like to whip up some shows on a timeline that control the different lasers independently.
    I haven’t looked at FB3 or FB4 boxes since they’re not portable (I have one mission that requires portability). And I didn’t choose the Pangolin or Kvant boxes since I can’t justify to the CFO (my wife) the cost of a bunch of pro-grade lasers to essentially live in my home as playthings (for now).

So - what do y’all use to control more than 1 laser at a time with the same timeline/software?
    And secondly - is there something that would control the Laser Cube as one of those multiple lasers?

I think most timeline software that supports multiple DAC types can do this, assuming they support your version of the lasercube. LaserShowGen, LSX, Spaghetti, HE-Laserscan etc.
    Last edited by Grix; 11-24-2021 at 06:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Grix View Post
    I think most timeline software that supports multiple DAC types can do this, assuming they support your version of the lasercube. LaserShowGen, LSX, Spaghetti, HE-Laserscan etc.

So right, Mr. Awesome Grix!! I’ve learned a bunch the last few days, and had a great time thanks to your software LaserShowGen and some pointers on how to do this! Feeling much better about my purchases - thank you much :-)