Thread: How to export to ilda in lsx

Laser Warning How to export to ilda in lsx

Hi,

I need to export LSX event to an ILDA file. How do I do that?

Question

Quote Originally Posted by louismozartsss View Post
    I need to export LSX event to an ILDA file.
    Wait, does this mean that you've received your copy of LSX now?

If so, why didn't you update your other post - the one where you were complaining that you had not received your copy of LSX and it had been 5 days since you sent your payment?

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Wait, does this mean that you've received your copy of LSX now?

If so, why didn't you update your other post - the one where you were complaining that you had not received your copy of LSX and it had been 5 days since you sent your payment?

Adam
    What should I update?

Just let us know you finally received LSX after X number of days. Something like that. It is always good to not leave the forum readers hanging. Thanks!

Default LSX - how to save ILD file

There are 2 ways to export ILD files from LSX.

There is the Record to ILDA file on the tool bar. It looks like:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Do not use Record ILD.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	58512

This is not a good way to do it if you want to import somewhere else. I forget the technical reason however you will have a hard time syncing it to music in other software.

Then there is the best way to do it. Right click in the Time line (the black strip at the top). Then choose Record Show To ILDA.

Name:	LSX Save as ILD.png 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	58513

You will be presented with the Record ILDA file window.

Name:	Record Settings.png 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	58514

After clicking OK it will save your show as ILD files and ask you if you want to open the folder. It basically saves them where the RTD show file is saved. It will save one file per Scanner.

Oh sorry guys. Didn't know that. Thought it was like facebook XD. But I will never hang people on my thread again. I swear. . I know how hanged people feel. Because that guy Andrew hanged me for 12 days. And he just acted like it was a normal thing that happens every 12 days. So I refunded. Since I don't have LSX now, I should've updated this post too right .

But thanks for the pro tip, @cfavreau. But in the second way to export to ilda, there are fps selection. But my laser has fixed 50fps. And there is no 50 fps. So in this case, how would I approach to this problem?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cfavreau View Post
    There are 2 ways to export ILD files from LSX.

There is the Record to ILDA file on the tool bar. It looks like:

Name:	Do not use Record ILD.png 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	58512

This is not a good way to do it if you want to import somewhere else. I forget the technical reason however you will have a hard time syncing it to music in other software.

Then there is the best way to do it. Right click in the Time line (the black strip at the top). Then choose Record Show To ILDA.

Name:	LSX Save as ILD.png 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	58513

You will be presented with the Record ILDA file window.

Name:	Record Settings.png 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	58514

After clicking OK it will save your show as ILD files and ask you if you want to open the folder. It basically saves them where the RTD show file is saved. It will save one file per Scanner.
    Got it brother.

I do not have a great answer. Maybe the best approach will be to stretch your animation/show to a different amount of time so that you can change the FPS options that are available will export at 50 fps. For example. If you have a 2 second long animation. Stretch everything to 4 seconds long. Then export at 25 FPS. This will give you 2 seconds when played at 50 FPS. Maybe something like that will work. You might be able to use ILD SOS or Laser Boy or Laser Show Gen to import the ILD file and then export at 50 fps. I am not familiar with all of those. I am pretty sure ILD SOS can do it. I am sure someone else that is familiar with Laser Boy or Laser Show Gen will be able to answer your question.

FYI the ilda file format has no means of storing frames per second. It's just vector and color information. It also has nothing to say about optimization for display. It can contain a frame set that looks good on an SD card reader at whatever frame rate is available. But you have to know how to get it there.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.