Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: QM2K and Laser show designer

Quote Originally Posted by clandestiny View Post
    i still use the 90's - they make that big thunk sound after cathode warmup
    prior to lighting the tube-
    The 90 is a nice laser. The two times the passbank blew on me when starting it, it sounded like a shotgun and a mini mushroom cloud coming out of the back of it.... Not a pretty sight...

clandestiny is offline Eleventy-Billion Watt Ar/Kr >:)
    somewhere between orlando and san antonio

LMAO it is even better when that happens in front of the promoter backstage before showtime-
    go big or go home

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    What meds have you been on this evening...
    I think he's trying to catch up to you and steve-o with regards to the number of posts!

what was this thread originally about anyway?
    Beats me... FB3, maybe??

i'm suprised the waste water engineer hasn't chimed in tonight-
    must be an old 65 chevy stuck down in one of the water returns
    ROFL! I'm stuck in a hotel room with a broken tv and nothing better to do...

Here here
    the few quick looks at Vista I have have not made me wanna throw my current pc away. Im running win2k on my main pc & XP pro on my laser pc - I've only just warmed to XP as though it does some really cool stuff its still as fucking ugly as sin - unless you turn off all the clown settings - and has lots of usual anoying microsoft traits. When are we gonna get useful things added like being able to print a file list from a directory or there is that mega feature that has been in every version of windows that stops a multiple file copy part way through as there is one file it cant copy. Instead of asking do you want to rewind the whole copy or continue without this one file it just stops so you dont know whats copied and whats not! Bet it took a whole lotta seattle brain to work that out for us. Instead every task takes more clicks and when we wanna look for a file we get a useless no point on this earth fucking dog to help us. Please. Make it look for files quicker or easier dont give me a dog to annoy the tits off me.
    Now with Vista we get 2 clocks on the screen and more fancy multimedia enhanced bollox that will just make your staff waste more of your time than do the job they are paid for. I dont care what the interface looks like, I want a computer that does what I want it to do with some sort of speed that hints at the incredible processing power we have. Plus I hate that - as Adam pointed out - 'lame ass "Cancel or Allow" substitute for real security' which just means that you have to ask its fucking permission before you do anything.
    At least with XP you knew which to buy - home or pro. Now we have super mega vista premium, super mega multivista, super mega multivista ultimate with extra bells and fucking whistles!

must remember to take my pill and buy a Mac.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

I hated Vista too...

Installed it on the PC and found most of my usual and favourite apps wouldn't work, constant disk thrashing, then it kept slowing down for no reason, then the most annoying paranoid "Are you sure..??" messages everytime I did anything remotely system related. Not much more luck when I tried it on the Dell lappy either.

I know I could get most apps updated/working and wait for the smaller manufacturers to release updated drivers. Then if I spent hours playing and tweaking could probably simplify the interface and turn off some of the additional "security" and stop indexing (or whatever the fek it felt it had to do in my time) and I would end up with, well something very, well... like Windows XP Pro SP2 with IE7...

No Vista, not for me, not just yet

well well....I also had vista installed. But no more!
    That was pain in my ass.

But I did get the LD2000 to work in vista, but sometimes it hangs

Back to Windows XP Pro with all updates

Pangolin FB3 QS/LivePro/SMS2Laser
    Riya MultiBus
    Pangolin LD2000 Pro

OK I didn't get another new machine for the DAC because of Vista OS. We have a almost unused 2.6Ghz machine with 1 Gig of memory and XP Pro w/SP2. I guess that will run it with no worry. I wanted to save up for a high power lasers anyway. You can't get any P/C without 100G hard drive and almost all processing is dual core now. If there were no problems using Win 98SE , it should perform great in XP. I have all 6 floppies of Win 3.1 here somewhere......usefull for loading low level formatted drives.
    Last edited by MechEng3; 08-27-2007 at 11:42.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by clandestiny View Post
    i'm suprised the waste water engineer hasn't chimed in tonight-must be an old 65 chevy stuck down in one of the water returns
    Nah... No trucks stuck in the sewer. But I was running the dewatering press most of the night. I was on-line about 2 hours before your guys started your marathon, but didn't get a chance to check back later in the night so I missed it. I'm back at work again tonight, but no promises.

Adam

They say ... You get used to the smell
    Is that true??? j/k of course
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

Cool

Hi Chuck;

Yeah, it's absolutely true. The smell is every bit as rank as you could possibly imagine, and yes, you really *do* get used to the smell - no matter how bad it is.

I've smelled things that would make a maggot gag, and yet, 15 minutes later I'm working in the stench like it's no problem.

The human nose is amazing. (Good thing too!)

Adam