Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: QM2K and Laser show designer

Exclamation QM2K and Laser show designer

Does anyone know if this set will run on Vista OS without a patch? Website suggests Winblows 95 , 98, 2000. I have a new machine and would like to know if it will work with XP pro or Vista. Any help appreciated !!
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Hi

Just got mine yesterday and installed LD2000 on both my XP and Vista laptops. There was an initial problem with a rogue .DLL file, but Hayden sent me another file and it works absolutely fine on both machines now.

Cheers

Jem

Would or could you send me a copy of that file/ May not work with my card though......Hayden ? Any comments?
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

If you want to run on VISTA, we have a "patch" that consists of new versions of a few EXE files, and a new QM2000 driver. It would be best to use the whole "patch" instead of just the DLL.

Our next update will be 100% VISTA compatible.

If you want the "patch", please use the Contact form on our web site to contact me (or use an existing email address you may already have).

Best regards,

William Benner

Exclamation

Vista... I'm dreading when I will finally have to upgrade. My BETA experience lasted about 45 minutes.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Cool

I'm with you on that score, Aaron. I'll stick with XP SP2, thank you very much. I was running Win98 up until a couple years *after* XP came out. (Actually, I was running 98 lite, which is a utility that would allow you to run a stripped down version of Win98 and still let you use the Win95 explorer shell, which was actually more stable since it lacked all the active desktop crap.) I finally upgraded - more for security reasons than anything else. Things change slowly on my systems. (I find that things break less often that way.)

I figure I've got several more years of life left in Win XP. I see no need to upgrade to Vista.

Adam

Adam..

Hear Hear on that one who wants to be the guinea pig for a multi millionaire ??

Cheers
    Ray

Well put, Ray. I think it sucks that everyone that buys a pre-service pack 1 edition of a Microsoft operating system is essentially enlisted as a beta tester.

The thing that really bugs me is that there is no compelling reason to upgrade from WinXP in the first place. Aside from the Aero Shell eye candy and the lame ass "Cancel or Allow" substitute for real security, I don't see what Vista has to offer the average user. So, yeah, I think I'll be sticking with XP for quite a while.

Adam

My BETA experience lasted about 45 minutes.
    Same here, it installed without any problems, but when I started installing some other applications I got a BSOD. So, I give it a few years, especially since XP is a very stable OS now.

David

clandestiny is offline Eleventy-Billion Watt Ar/Kr >:)
    somewhere between orlando and san antonio

i dont chat os's much but i was like buffo. I have waited much longer than most to move to the next platform. loved win95- then stripped down 98-
    finally i have been stable for quite a while with a custom stripped xp pro platform- The issue now is I am in need of a few new laptops but I dont want anything to do with vista, which everything is now bundled with- time to hit ebay-
    go big or go home