Thread: FB3 Vista Support

Default FB3 Vista Support

Evening all,

Just a quick one, dose all the relevant software with the FB3 / La Freak package support Vista?

All my machines are on vista now. (Except the Mrs laptop, but I doubt she would like me commandeering that....)

Thanks,
    Regards,

Aidan

The software itself will run fine with VISTA. For the driver, it would be best if you use an updated driver made specifically for VISTA.

Please contact me separately to obtain these things...

Best regards,

William Benner

PS: I see some posts here that are related to our software. We only log onto this forum about once a week, so for fastest service, it is best to ask Pangolin directly about these things...

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    PS: I see some posts here that are related to our software. We only log onto this forum about once a week, so for fastest service, it is best to ask Pangolin directly about these things...
    Didn't you get the memo... This is the unofficial Pangolin support forum. You may have to start paying Adam here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Vista... I'm dreading when I will finally have to upgrade. My BETA experience lasted about 45 minutes.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Didn't you get the memo... This is the unofficial Pangolin support forum. You may have to start paying Adam here soon.
    Aaron, I think Bill has already done enough for me. Anything I can do to help out - well, that's basically what this forum is for, right?

Adam

Default Vista

Ace, thanks William.

allthatwhichis :

It seems to be a common misconception about how Vista performs.

The beta was a bit buggy but most of it was sorted in RTM and there have been updates galore!

Give it another go!

I have 3 production machines running it and only my laptop has EVER crashed...... which was due to a dodgy driver so I can’t blame M$ for that one!
    Regards,

Aidan

Lightbulb

Yea, when I tried the BETA I was overclocking computers and it didn't seem to like a lot of the hardware I was using. Couldn't detect my LANs, didn't like my video driver, wouldn't run SLi at all... It DID however see all 4 gigs of RAM, but kept "doing" something in the background that made everything slow. AND it wouldn't install my SATA drivers. Like I said 45 minutes and it was gone. Now I don't have the license to try again. Maybe someday.