Thread: the first laser show(s)

Default the first laser show(s)

riding to work this morning,i wondered who put on the first entertainment laser show.
    what are the earliest know,documented (or rumored)laser shows that you know of?

Murfreesboro, TN, 1978 - Electric Light Orchestra, "Out of the Blue" tour!!

OK - probably not THE "first" laser show, but those massive green beams they used are definitely what got me hooked!!

RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Steve Roberts was talking about the very first laser show at SELEM... I want to say it was in the late 1960's.?. I was busy doing something else at the time and only caught part of the conversation, but I seem to remember Steve saying that it was a pretty awesome show, even by today's standards. Maybe he will chime in here with more details... (I thought someone had a video of that show.?.)

Adam

I remember going to the NC State Fair and they had a laser light show. It was 1976 I believe. It was in an inflatable dome. I don't think I went in that year but did a year or two later (it was always at the fair). I remember them playing that "I like that old time rock 'n roll" song as well as the smell of pot. My brother and I who were only about 8 and 11 walked out. We thought it was going to be some cool space age laser demo. I just remember a bunch of red spirograph patterns. I was too young to really appreciate it at that time since I wasn't into music, yet.

now that i'm home and have had time to google,heres this article-
    http://www.laserfx.com/Backstage.Las...efHistory.html

Lightbulb

One of my friedns had a small thing called a "Laser FX, laser light show". It was a small black box with a special light bulb that shined through a ring of multcolored cellophane and shined a "beam" off a mirror attached to a "speaker" setup and made patterns from one of your stereo outputs. If you have a good ceilding you could get a 20+ft pattern.

My first real laser show was the Pink Floyd on at the Lakeland Theatre earlier this year, well, after all the ones I had watched at home.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin