Thread: Glass Transmission Diffraction Gratings which can take some power, where?

Default Glass Transmission Diffraction Gratings which can take some power, where?

Anyone know where I can find a selection of different glass transmission diffraction gratings which can take a few watts of power?
    Glowing green eyes is a camera photoflash reflection.

Edmund Optics. Thor Labs. Not the cheapest but they have them.

I checked Edmundoptics.com and Thorlabs.com but none of the diffraction gratings they have are what I'm seeking. I'm looking for transmission gratings (as opposed to reflecting) which produce different patterns. The one pattern I am most interested in is a circle, I can find them on ebay cheap, but they are plastic. I'd consider other patterns too, but I am not sure how well the plastic would hold up to having several watts of 525 nm through them.

The poly 20 is nice but they also have others here that should suit your needs.

http://www.creativelaser.de/hardware...y20sector.html

There are some of the poly20 examples in the videos here; https://www.photonlexicon.com/forums...252#post271252 Including a circle pattern, midway through the first video.
    Last edited by absolom7691; 01-24-2022 at 12:10.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Appreciate the info, I am surprised this company has such an old tech looking web site which is difficult to find examples of what each pattern is, but that is what I am seeking, diffraction gratings in glass and not plastic.

Thanks!

Default Prism may work?

If you need the functionality of a transmissive diffraction grating that handles power, if your application has the size and weight budget to package a finely polished and/or AR coated quartz or sapphire prism is the old school solution.

Quote Originally Posted by liveforphysics View Post
    If you need the functionality of a transmissive diffraction grating that handles power, if your application has the size and weight budget to package a finely polished and/or AR coated quartz or sapphire prism is the old school solution.

more? How does one make circle with prism? Sounds interesting.

ahhh got it Risley prism. I had thought you meant a passive none moving prism. Yes that should work well.

The poly 20 is nice but they also have others here that should suit your needs.

http://www.creativelaser.de/hardware...y20sector.html

There are some of the poly20 examples in the videos here; https://www.photonlexicon.com/forums...252#post271252 Including a circle pattern, midway through the first video.

Last edited by absolom7691; 01-24-2022 at 16:10.

I contacted Peter mayer on Linkdin and true the website but no response what so ever so i think they are no longer are in bussiness. Its a shame as he has really nice gratings wich i would love to have

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

Thanks all for your suggestions, I will look into them to consider their use, including the Risley prism.