Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Announcing ILDAC-32 - an ESP-32 based DAC for ILDA projectors

There are commercial apps that have a time line development environment. You can place ilda files in that and then do effects on them. The processing can be done in the app and / or in the firmware of the display device that works with the app. The result is a show with all kinds of effects that looks nothing like the individual ilda files used to make it.

What do you do when you want to make your own original art? Or do something like play a bunch of ilda frames with stereo audio?
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i'm sure that when hank wants to create his own original art he will use a proper application, with a timeline, to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    There are commercial apps that have a time line development environment. You can place ilda files in that and then do effects on them. The processing can be done in the app and / or in the firmware of the display device that works with the app. The result is a show with all kinds of effects that looks nothing like the individual ilda files used to make it.

What do you do when you want to make your own original art? Or do something like play a bunch of ilda frames with stereo audio?
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    Again, really? How many times do I need to repeat this, James? ILDAC-32 is a CONTENT PLAYER. Creating original art w/or playing ILDA frames with audio has nothing to do with what ILDAC-32 can do.
    Is this another thinly veiled attempt to push your software?

If you want to talk about creating content that ILDAC-32 can play, please start your own thread.

Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    Again, really? How many times do I need to repeat this, James? ILDAC-32 is a CONTENT PLAYER. Creating original art w/or playing ILDA frames with audio has nothing to do with what ILDAC-32 can do.
    Is this another thinly veiled attempt to push your software?

If you want to talk about creating content that ILDAC-32 can play, please start your own thread.
    Why would I do that?

The question came up and the riddle was discussed. A possible answer is to make an 8 channel wave from the ilda and audio.

But, I'm done.

No point.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

No, the question was how to play the ILDA file synced with an audio file in real tine. You’re the only one talking about creating WAV files.

The finished product would be the same; the show with audio. Only it would be a single file like an ADAT wave.

Like I said. No point.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by dchammonds View Post
    What I was thinking about is to clock the ild at a rate so it matches the length of the music file. You're not going to get much in the way of beat synchronization,
    but not all shows depend on that. I think Geetone did some material that way.
    Attached is an example of Geetone's material that I mentioned earlier and it is from the PLFTP site.
    If you simply clock the ild at about 17.8K, the play length matches the corresponding mp3 and everything
    just falls into place. I don't have any idea how the show was put together in the first place, but I know some
    of drlava's software was involved. The idea of an ild together with an mp3 can work well in some cases.

I really liked that show enough to add functionality to one of my apps so I could play it back in this manner.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have a couple of 5000mAh USB batteries here, I'll run some tests and let you know.
    But even without testing, I'm sure a 5000mAh or 6000mAh would run ILDAC-32-WAV for several hours.

I tested ILDAC-32-WAV yesterday on a fully charged 5000mAh battery. It was still running after 10 hours when I went to bed, but it was dead in the morning. So I can say with some degree of confidence, that a 5000mAh will run for at least 10 hours.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I tested ILDAC-32-WAV yesterday on a fully charged 5000mAh battery. It was still running after 10 hours when I went to bed, but it was dead in the morning. So I can say with some degree of confidence, that a 5000mAh will run for at least 10 hours.
    Sweet! Battery, rechargeable Bluetooth speaker, rechargeable Bluetooth transmitter and perhaps the ILDAC-32 all arrive today.
    PM Sent...

USPS says: "Status -- Out for Delivery, Expected Delivery by 9:00pm"!

Make sure you have the latest mobile app installed v2.2.20 -- Although I will be submitting an update to the app stores in the next day or two since I've added a "Local Wifi AP" mode to the device. So if you want to use the web interface without connecting to your Wifi network, it creates its own ad-hoc access point and you can connect directly to it. I'll be updating the website today to have instructions on how to enable this new mode.