Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Announcing ILDAC-32 - an ESP-32 based DAC for ILDA projectors

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Wizardry View Post
    Does it still have that stupid psychedelic 80's game like text interface?
    Sure does!

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

like the ass end of an amiga mod tracker.

Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    Sure does!

suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Dr. Lava liked to resample the wav file itself to 30K samples per second. It wasn't perfect but it is something to try.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

I tried exactly that with "The Riddle". But since the frames vary in number of points and therefore how long they take to render, I wasn't able to come up with an algorithm that did that effectively.

I'm totally open to suggestions on how to do this.
    Are you really?

Cuz there is obviously more to it than just clocking out points from whatever is in any given ilda file.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    Are you really?

Cuz there is obviously more to it than just clocking out points from whatever is in any given ilda file.
    Wow really James? When did I ever indicate that I wasn't open to suggestions or solutions? This project would have never been built if it weren't for the generous and selfless contributions from so many others here, for which I am grateful.

I asked for help in an area that I am obviously unfamiliar, and instead of just being a helpful chap for a change, you just reply with unwarranted snark and no help whatsoever.

You make it really hard for people to take you seriously with an attitude like that towards other people.

Wow really James?
    You make it really hard for people to take you seriously with an attitude like that towards other people.
    Most people stopped taking him seriously a long time ago.

Adam

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

So refreshing to see activity on PL. I actually had new pages of stuff to read this morning. YAY!!

Hank - I'm looking to buy a power bank on Amazon to run the ILDA-32 for short periods. How many mAh would you suggest as a minimum, based on the draw of the ILDA-32? I see everything from 6000 to 30,000 mAh units available.
    PM Sent...

Wow really James? When did I ever indicate that I wasn't open to suggestions or solutions? This project would have never been built if it weren't for the generous and selfless contributions from so many others here, for which I am grateful.

I asked for help in an area that I am obviously unfamiliar, and instead of just being a helpful chap for a change, you just reply with unwarranted snark and no help whatsoever.

I guess it's all in how you read it or read into it.

One possible answer to the riddle is to figure out a frame rate based on the number of frames and the playing time and render a 6 channel wav at that fps. Then merge the stereo wav into it.

You would want to make sure the stereo wav was the same sample rate as the laser signals. If it's 44.1KHz, It would probably be easiest to just resample it to 48KHz.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

I guess it's all in how you read it or read into it.
    Guess so.

One possible answer to the riddle is to figure out a frame rate based on the number of frames and the playing time
    Ok, how is that any different than what dchammonds said, or what I already tried?

Just prescan the ild file to find the total number of points for all the frames and divide accordingly, and if you're lucky the calculated scan rate might
    just fall in the 12-30k range.
    Also..
    render a 6 channel wav at that fps.
    I guess I have to repeat: ILDAC-32 is a content PLAYER. It's not software to render or merge ILDA, WAV and audio files.

Yes, if I wanted to create a one-off WAV file for "The Riddle" I could go through all those manual steps and end up with a playable WAV file. But if someone has an ILDA file and wants to play it against an audio file on ILDAC-32, how does one do that in real time?

edit to add: You said earlier:
    Cuz there is obviously more to it than just clocking out points from whatever is in any given ilda file
    And then you described a process that's exactly clocking out points from an ILDA file and what dchammonds suggested and I already tried.
    Last edited by HankLloydRight; 06-01-2022 at 07:49.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Most people stopped taking him seriously a long time ago.

Adam
    If you don't like someone, it's easy to find reasons.

That's true for anyone.

I have an opinion of you too. I just don't feel the need to share it with everyone because nobody cares, and I'm certainly not deluded to believe that everyone else thinks the same way.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials