Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Announcing ILDAC-32 - an ESP-32 based DAC for ILDA projectors

Hi Hank,
    Just stopped by PL to see what's cooking. Looks like you're at the top of the menu. Congrats on the progress you've made on ILDAC-32.

Bradfo69 is online now Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    I tested ILDAC-32-WAV yesterday on a fully charged 5000mAh battery. It was still running after 10 hours when I went to bed, but it was dead in the morning. So I can say with some degree of confidence, that a 5000mAh will run for at least 10 hours.
    Sweet! Battery, rechargeable Bluetooth speaker, rechargeable Bluetooth transmitter and perhaps the ILDAC-32 all arrive today.
    PM Sent...

USPS says: "Status -- Out for Delivery, Expected Delivery by 9:00pm"!

Make sure you have the latest mobile app installed v2.2.20 -- Although I will be submitting an update to the app stores in the next day or two since I've added a "Local Wifi AP" mode to the device. So if you want to use the web interface without connecting to your Wifi network, it creates its own ad-hoc access point and you can connect directly to it. I'll be updating the website today to have instructions on how to enable this new mode.

Thanks received mine today, easy setup. Copying over some content now, will have to order up some more cards, is the system folder the only folder you require on the card? Could future updates allow for a larger card or is it at the hardware limit?
    leading in trailing technology

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Thanks received mine today, easy setup. Copying over some content now, will have to order up some more cards, is the system folder the only folder you require on the card? Could future updates allow for a larger card or is it at the hardware limit?
    Yes, the /system folder is the only required folder on the SD card. If you use more than one, please copy the /system folder to all other SD cards.
    At this point I don't think the ESP32 hardware supports SD cards larger than 64GB.
    But I am currently beta-testing a different ESP32 board to use in future versions, and I'll see of this different board supports bigger cards and let you know.

The targeted scan rate I am a little confused by for WAV files, I assume it is reading encode rate of the file to determine it. Will Galvo's tuned for 30K give proper playback of 30K ILDA WAV files that were recorded to ADAT at 48K being at a scan rate of 30K, or is trying to really do a scan rate of 48K?

Some of my content while all 48K WAV files is 12K, 24K and 30K scan rate.

Hopefully that makes some sense, I assume it will be fine just like regular wav playback using a USBstreamer and DZ box, but was a little confused.

I could be missing the obvious, Thanks

I

The targeted scan rate I am a little confused by for WAV files, I assume it is reading encode rate of the file to determine it. Will Galvo's tuned for 30K give proper playback of 30K ILDA WAV files that were recorded to ADAT at 48K being at a scan rate of 30K, or is trying to really do a scan rate of 48K?

Some of my content while all 48K WAV files is 12K, 24K and 30K scan rate.

Hopefully that makes some sense, I assume it will be fine just like regular wav playback using a USBstreamer and DZ box, but was a little confused.

I could be missing the obvious, Thanks
    This confused me at first too until Andrew Berry and Swamidog explained it to me. When playing WAV files, that's the interrupt clock rate based on the embedded bitrate of the WAV file. So a WAV file stored at 48kHz plays back at 48kHz. But if the WAV files are encoded for 30k scanners (or however they are stored), then that's what's played back. Hope this makes sense.

Is it possible that the directories could get sorted in order by name so that if you tell it to play all and your show tracks are split up, it would play the complete show back in order?

WAV playback from App will be great if it is able to be added. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	order.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	58906

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	order.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	58906

Is it possible that the directories could get sorted in order by name so that if you tell it to play all and your show tracks are split up, it would play the complete show back in order?

WAV playback from App will be great if it is able to be added.
    I've tried to fix this "feature", but the internal filesystem sorting algorithm sorts in alpha order, not number order. The only way I was able to fix this was to rename tracks 1 thru 9 with a leading "0" so then they all sort correctly. It's a pain to do this for every folder, but you only have to do it once. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I just wasn't able to get the ESP32 code to sort in number order. I'm sure it's possible with more code, but at the time I found it easier just to rename the tracks.

WAV playback from the app is a bigger problem to solve, since the Bluetooth Low Energy packet size is less than 200 bytes.. so I have to create a way to package up multiple payloads both on the sending and receiving end in order to download the entire directory and file lists. It's on my list for future enhancements. But also realize once you have Wifi set up, you can access the web interface on your phone with any browser.

Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    I've tried to fix this "feature", but the internal filesystem sorting algorithm sorts in alpha order, not number order. The only way I was able to fix this was to rename tracks 1 thru 9 with a leading "0" so then they all sort correctly. It's a pain to do this for every folder, but you only have to do it once. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I just wasn't able to get the ESP32 code to sort in number order. I'm sure it's possible with more code, but at the time I found it easier just to rename the tracks.

WAV playback from the app is a bigger problem to solve, since the Bluetooth Low Energy packet size is less than 200 bytes.. so I have to create a way to package up multiple payloads both on the sending and receiving end in order to download the entire directory and file lists. It's on my list for future enhancements. But also realize once you have Wifi set up, you can access the web interface on your phone with any browser.
    Thanks that is easy enough for both items.