Thread: Can we now make our own diffraction patterned devices

Default Can we now make our own diffraction patterned devices

With the cheap ability to etch glass with a laser now can we yet design and etch our own diffraction pattern devices to make say a circle or a simple shape? Next would be to make our own corrective lens for diodes. New world!

what I was thinking is to scan a laser into a reduction lens so it might make lines a mm apart but the reduction makes it micrometers apart to make master blaze

for a more complex pattern think some form of lithography with the laser and an etch. Guess that’s just holography really
    Last edited by kecked; 02-03-2022 at 05:57.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

A 4x4 inch master at 24
    ,000 dpi costs me 80$ to have plotted. You need an academic or corporate email to use their services.. Turnaround is three days. The code for making discrete points to make a grating to project letters with a 1200 dpi printer has been published. I already had the company in question run a mask for the land of the three toed Kangaroo, and it came out beautiful, and so did the wafer.

A 4xf lens group let's you make your own analog transforms on film, in fact there is a whole book on that method by a famous artist. Knowing you, with your math skills,you probably dream in "K" space transforms anyways.

A certain lady you know also has has the old NEOS mask plotter in a building near yours. Oh heck. She referred ME to the plotter service, come to think of it. But probably easier to send it out. Litho film is pretty much binary and cheap, and I think you still have a he-ne.

It ain't hard to shoot a grating. If I can make a two axis grating in the Roo's worst equipped laser lab, wirh a gasp, bolted down mode hopping, dpss green pointer, ten years ago, so can you. The material I was using required no developing and preserved polarization, too. But it required cooking up in the lab.

Heck. The self developing holofilm is off the shelf now and cheap.It likes red and green diode lasers.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 02-03-2022 at 15:13.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...