Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laser alignment help needed

Default Laser alignment help needed

Hi,

I've just opened my new laser from GT-TECH and some people had reported that some alignment may be needed out of the box. I've attatched some photos showing my red out of alignment from blue and green. This is at a distance of about 3-4 meters. I was wondering if anyone would be able to guide me as to what I need to do to re align my red.

If anyone is able to providce some help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails redOne.jpg  

redTwo.jpg  

redThree.jpg  

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

please post photos of the inside of the projector.

Quote Originally Posted by macesounds View Post
    Hi,

I've just opened my new laser from GT-TECH and some people had reported that some alignment may be needed out of the box. I've attatched some photos showing my red out of alignment from blue and green. This is at a distance of about 3-4 meters. I was wondering if anyone would be able to guide me as to what I need to do to re align my red.

If anyone is able to providce some help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Here's a photo of the insides, I'm assuming as there is only the one mirror on the outside of where the lasers are combined that I'd have to take off the protective cover and re align a mirror from within there?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails insides.jpg  

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Here's a photo of the insides, I'm assuming as there is only the one mirror on the outside of where the lasers are combined that I'd have to take off the protective cover and re align a mirror from within there?
    yup. you're going to have to open up the laser module and adjust the alignment inside. i don't know what's inside that module, but it might be daunting and complicated. it's likely that everything on the inside is glued in place.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I'm wondering if I'm best emailing GT-Tech first to see if this is beyong tollerance for warranty. As I haven't opened up any laser projectors before let alone aligned any mirrors.

I'm wondering if I'm best emailing GT-Tech first to see if this is beyong tollerance for warranty. As I haven't opened up any laser projectors before let alone aligned any mirrors.
    looks like the red and green are fat beams of different sizes. The blue looks slightly misaligned. Unless you match the beam divergence which would be a lot of parts it is likely not to get much better. I suggest you use a spatial filter and trim off the edges using the good core. You will loose power but the problem will be solved.

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    looks like the red and green are fat beams of different sizes. The blue looks slightly misaligned. Unless you match the beam divergence which would be a lot of parts it is likely not to get much better. I suggest you use a spatial filter and trim off the edges using the good core. You will loose power but the problem will be solved.
    Considering this is my second laser unit, with my first being a Laserowrld DS-1000RGB and not having an issue like this out of the box, I'm unsure wether I would want to try add in all these parts. I have around 1 month before I would be unable to return this product, but I am tempted to return this and get a Unity laser and hope they are better out of the box. Would you think this is a better idea?

Unless you know what is in that box then I would recommend returning it, especially since it is brand new and this is pretty unacceptable for out-of-box performance.

I'm guessing opening it up would break the warranty so you would want to be sure that there are usable adjustments in there rather than screws that are no longer accessible, or in the worst case an assembly that was glued in a jig.
    I found a few vendors selling this RGB assembly, but none that showed what is in there.

You could also try talking to the vendor about this and ask if you could still return it if you can't fix it, or be a bit cheeky and just try to fix it anyway and hope they don't notice the glue is broken if you can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Twizzy View Post
    Unless you know what is in that box then I would recommend returning it, especially since it is brand new and this is pretty unacceptable for out-of-box performance.

I'm guessing opening it up would break the warranty so you would want to be sure that there are usable adjustments in there rather than screws that are no longer accessible, or in the worst case an assembly that was glued in a jig.
    I found a few vendors selling this RGB assembly, but none that showed what is in there.

You could also try talking to the vendor about this and ask if you could still return it if you can't fix it, or be a bit cheeky and just try to fix it anyway and hope they don't notice the glue is broken if you can't.
    I've emailed them about the warranty and they said it is okay to open it to try and adjust the mirrors without voiding the warranty. This was before I noticed they were glued. I've emailed again and said that I would like to return it as I am unhappy with the performance like you say.

I've heard good things about this company GT-Tech, and their lasers have good reviews so I am assuming I must have jsut received a bad QC one and it is unlucky. I think i am going to return and invest in one from Unity. I'll buy it through Kvant so hopefully getting one that is of good quality will be quite easy.

I've emailed them about the warranty and they said it is okay to open it to try and adjust the mirrors without voiding the warranty. This was before I noticed they were glued. I've emailed again and said that I would like to return it as I am unhappy with the performance like you say.

I've heard good things about this company GT-Tech, and their lasers have good reviews so I am assuming I must have jsut received a bad QC one and it is unlucky. I think i am going to return and invest in one from Unity. I'll buy it through Kvant so hopefully getting one that is of good quality will be quite easy.
    If it's ok with them you might as well give it a go, even if just for fun