Thread: GOLDENSTAR

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Wink The Goldenstar Fiber RGB

See attached pic. This is my 5 Watt Fiber RGB having a little drywall for lunch. The wound to the wall goes deep. I'll have to come up with a better camera.

My new projectors are all ScannerMax 506 based. Beam in the picture nicely fills about 1/4 of a 5 mm mirror set on a Mach DSP 506 pair. This is the graphics projector, optimized for fast scanning and low divergence.

Several prominent PLers have asked me for a review on the Laser itself. I've held off for a while due to potential "Fanboy" backlash. "Oh, don't talk about that, XYZ will be very angry with you."

XYZ knows I have the unit. I mentioned it when ordering parts for one projector. They didn't ask any questions. Nor would they. I'm pretty sure one of these has been to SELEM already.

To heck with that inter-personal crap. What is going in my other two new homemade systems would make the Fanboys very happy.

I'm not a reviewer on page 59 of PLSN. My thoughts don't count in XYZs main market. Competition is good for industry.

Review Inbound. . Quick preview: I use the unit for medium throw graphics. It excels for that use. Haven't tried it for beams.

Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20220306_174952.jpg  

Last edited by mixedgas; 03-06-2022 at 16:12.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Are there some more informations about this?

Output beam size for both axis, divergence of the beam in both axis?

Maybe pictures of the beam?

You could draw a picture in your laser software (beyond/quickshow?) that has multiple standing beams. This would give you lower power per beam thus easier to take pictures (less intensity) of one beam.

I am doubting that these projectors are much better than any other stuff out there.
    We have a saying here in germany: "everybody is cooking with water" meaning something along the lines of "nobody can beat physics, everybody does it roughly the same"

farbe

This Sunday.. When I have time.

These are about as good as it gets.

The Correction optics are computer aligned within microns of the diode face. . The technique is patented in the US, China, Germany, and much of the world.

Unless you work in an instrumentation or medical industry, you have not seen a direct diode this tight.
    For the laser display industry, this is not normal. Whether slowly boiling a Live Frog in Germany or Elsewhere.

I've had access to this for years, in a lab environment, just not at these power levels or wavelengths. Minimum order is around 2500 pieces, so....

I had my hands on prototypes a good seven years ago. Not everything is obvious, even if you have Dip. Ing in Optics.

I don't have to do beam shots, I have profilers.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 03-11-2022 at 10:58.

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    This Sunday.. When I have time.

I don't have to do beam shots, I have profilers.

Steve
    wavelengths? Divergence of each beam or a profile of each laser at say 20 feet. Output power of each beam. Are they flat topped? Gaussian? Polarization of each (likely none after fiber). Mode of each laser per fiber. Wall efficiency. Power stability with temperature. Pulsed or cw? You don’t get off that easy……

Picture of 100 balloons popping.
    tattoo on side of nearby deer…. Oh wait wrong forum….

That’s one mighty tight hole you got there. Is the picture upside down? Seems odd the smoke trail goes down. The asymmetry of the burn pattern would indicate this is so and you shot from below and to the left.

i hate the time change. Makes me cranky.
    Last edited by kecked; 03-13-2022 at 04:39.

Smoke trail is where I wiped unexpected mode burn with my finger. Actually smoke was ejected. Polarization is maintained. Took my Friend to his Sisters emergency surgery on Sunday.

640,520,445. >5 watts. CW.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 03-14-2022 at 09:02.