Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Amiga 3000 help

Default Looking for Amiga 3000 help

Hi All,

I was looking at my old Amiga 3000, (the hard drive died a few years ago), and wondering what to do...well, I looked on Ebay and one was for sale and I bought it. Boom!

Now, I'd like to get my MIDI files off of the old dead hard drive and put them on the new one that works. Has anyone ever done this? Or knows someone who can?

Tim
    1st Place Laser Jockey ILDA 2013-15, working for the ultimate fusion of lasers and music

Quote Originally Posted by LaserWizard View Post
    Hi All,

I was looking at my old Amiga 3000, (the hard drive died a few years ago), and wondering what to do...well, I looked on Ebay and one was for sale and I bought it. Boom!

Now, I'd like to get my MIDI files off of the old dead hard drive and put them on the new one that works. Has anyone ever done this? Or knows someone who can?

Tim
    Hi Tim, there are a number of services that do this (HD data recovery) and are pretty easy to do Google searches. I had to do this search 4 or 5 years ago and found several in the US. I'd have to dig some to find there info. Will see whether my "filing system" works.

Damn, I remember the old Amiga and when you got it!

Cheers,

Yes, when I started using the Amiga, I stopped using your Apple system!

My concern is that an HD recovery service will be able to recognize AmigaDOS files.
    1st Place Laser Jockey ILDA 2013-15, working for the ultimate fusion of lasers and music

Yes, when I started using the Amiga, I stopped using your Apple system!

My concern is that an HD recovery service will be able to recognize AmigaDOS files.
    It would be cool to hear what your Amiga system capabilities were if you care to share.

You might get lucky, as the several I found could accommodate data recovery from almost any DOS as long as they knew which it was. That's not to say it won't be an easy find but it is worth the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by lasermaster1977 View Post
    You might get lucky, as the several I found could accommodate data recovery from almost any DOS as long as they knew which it was. That's not to say it won't be an easy find but it is worth the hunt.
    Here's an interesting Google search hit that might help you in your recovery quest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IkwXuKHElI

I'm just watching it now. The magic bullet is FixDisk V1.5. Appears to run on an Amiga.

Here is an Amiga emulator for Windows10 PC https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EefjEwaf8vM
    Last edited by lasermaster1977; 03-13-2022 at 16:42.

Hi All,

I was looking at my old Amiga 3000, (the hard drive died a few years ago)

Tim
    What make, model and capacity was the HD? I have someone asking for more details.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

One of the guys at SELEM pulled the data off an Ancient
    Mac Quadra for me with a small converter card that was USB on one end and Mac/Amiga SCSI on the other. He's "Telemonster" on Pl if you want to PM him. Is the drive SCSI ? In my case this was to recover shows from an Image Engineering Mac.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

It's a 100MB HD, I believe, I'll work on the make and model.

What make, model and capacity was the HD? I have someone asking for more details.

It is a Quantum ProDrive LPS, it is SCSI 100MB

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    One of the guys at SELEM pulled the data off an Ancient
    Mac Quadra for me with a small converter card that was USB on one end and Mac/Amiga SCSI on the other. He's "Telemonster" on Pl if you want to PM him. Is the drive SCSI ? In my case this was to recover shows from an Image Engineering Mac.

Steve
    Thanks Steve! - Tim

It is a Quantum ProDrive LPS, it is SCSI 100MB

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Steve! - Tim
    Thanks. My recollection was that is was a parallel SCSI of some brand.

Does the drive work in the Amiga? If so, you should be able to find interface adapters to read the data off the Quantam drive onto SD card or similar.
    If the Amiga doesn't work but the drive is probably good, you should be able to find similar interfaces like Steve suggested to use with the drive removed from the Amiga.

Again, this link has a possible solution for you if the drive and Amiga still work: https://www.amigalove.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&p=14194