Thread: Etherdream blackout after 2 minutes

Default Etherdream blackout after 2 minutes

Hi,
    I am using madlaser + etherdream 3 + Laserworld PL-5000RGB MK2 and I have a problem that after 2-3 minutes of work the laser goes to blackout. I did a first test and I had this problem, then the next day I did a new test and it didn't give me problems for several hours of use (without change any parameter), third day of test again it blacked out after 2-3 minutes.
    Do you think I can do some test to understand if etherdream 3 is working well?
    Something to make you understand better, the yellow led is always on, but when the laser go in black (after 1-2 maximum 3 minutes) the white (or violet) led turn to light green.
    I update the firmware and nothing change. The etherdream goes in standby (i mean the led status change in green and stop to work) also if i don't connect the laser.
    Let me know thanks. I bought the ether dream a month ago,

Thank you

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i would guess madlaser is not utilizing the etherdream properly and you're getting a buffer under / over run condition. i've used etherdreams for many years and they're quite robust.

Quote Originally Posted by FabioLaser View Post
    Hi,
    I am using madlaser + etherdream 3 + Laserworld PL-5000RGB MK2 and I have a problem that after 2-3 minutes of work the laser goes to blackout. I did a first test and I had this problem, then the next day I did a new test and it didn't give me problems for several hours of use (without change any parameter), third day of test again it blacked out after 2-3 minutes.
    Do you think I can do some test to understand if etherdream 3 is working well?
    Something to make you understand better, the yellow led is always on, but when the laser go in black (after 1-2 maximum 3 minutes) the white (or violet) led turn to light green.
    I update the firmware and nothing change. The etherdream goes in standby (i mean the led status change in green and stop to work) also if i don't connect the laser.
    Let me know thanks. I bought the ether dream a month ago,

Thank you
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

You mean over/under Kpps? or what? Just to understand what parameter i have to try to change. Anyway i already tested an etherdream before and went well. I just bought a new one and i have these problems.
    Thanks