Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The ultimate programming projector

Default The ultimate programming projector

I have not posted in a while and I guess these days the Facebook version of PL gets more attention so I may duplicate this up there.

I have been looking around for a really nice laser projector for programming in the Studio. There are a lot of high power projectors out there, but much less availability when it comes to low power. When programming in the studio I am using a 4watt (actually 3.5 due to a 488 blue instead of the 445) This is way too much power, my eyes, they are burning from the scorching colors and the images are washed even when I get the colors tuned correctly, if I turn down the brightness colors are not right. I have recently added a .09 OD ND filter with an AR coating and that brings it down to around 450mw fixing the issue with the penalty of some image distortion, not enough to really bother me, but a really nice high quality 500mw projector would work so much better.

There are a lot of low power junk projectors available on ebay but they have 24kpps or less (in some cases servos) scanners in them and TTL color modulation with a dismal beam quality. I am trying to create planetarium style shows with graphics, abstracts and animations and those specs simply would not work for me.

The Wicked Laser Pro laser cube is a contender but again too much power at 2.5 watts it would be an ND filter again, and very pricey for what it is at $2600.00 for something I am going to add an ND filter to.

It would be nice if a laser projector manufacturer came out a Projector that would work for this application.

Minimum 30K scanners Compact 506 or DT 40s, Leaning toward Compact 506 for the ability to have three tunings, 24, 30 and 36 is what I have on mine. Saturn's, Cambridge or Eyemagic 8000s would be awesome, but if you are creating content your average projector out there is showing it at 30k or using multiple projectors for distributed scanning. So programming at 60k for the masses in most cases is just wishful thinking. fiber corrected diodes ( I do not have those) in a nice compact package with the ability to Add FB4 if needed.

At the end of the day I do not think anyone is interested in making these as they would not sell multiples like they do with the high power stuff you only need one projector in most cases for your programming studio. You would not take this out to a show but it could be used in a planetarium depending on dome size.

It seems the only way is custom DIY for this one. Or you might be able to have Dave Kumpula build it for you.
    Dreamcaster Multimedia
    Visit our website:
    https://dreamcasterlasershows.com/

Laser Warning

Hello.
    I think I can you offer exact what you want to have.

We at LIVE Lasersystems are busy finishing our new KORE projector series. We offer these projectors with two different power ratings at 5W and 10W.

To test stuff we also made a in house „variant“ thats specked right at your estimated power: around 450mW.
    It also features a astonishingly low divergence of just 0,1mrad with all colors having the same beam diameter at the output aperture!
    This makes it perfect for programming.
    The colors are just beautiful because of the good convergence (beam overlap).
    No halo, just the pure white.
    Because of our new build in drivers, the analog modulation capability is completely linear.

We are not offering this power class yet, because we cant judge demand for these small projectors.
    Our main business is mostly for high power indoor users.

Sadly as we are very close to actually releasing the high power projectors, we don’t have pictures ready.
    I will post them here when they get done. Its just a matter of a few days.

These projectors will be available with the following options:
    ILDA input or build in FB4 MAX (with/without BEYOND license).
    EMS8000 or EMS6000 scanners made by Eyemagic.

These projectors are completely made in Europe.
    No unstable/high divergence chinese modules inside.

BR,
    Phillip

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i spent last weekend working with a couple mobile beat mercury projectors from x-laser and came away quite impressed. fairly small, with great modulation and galvos. they use single mode diodes so the output is low powered and super sharp. they worked great with radiators and handled my 30k LSX shows with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by mmuhler View Post
    I have not posted in a while and I guess these days the Facebook version of PL gets more attention so I may duplicate this up there.

I have been looking around for a really nice laser projector for programming in the Studio. There are a lot of high power projectors out there, but much less availability when it comes to low power. When programming in the studio I am using a 4watt (actually 3.5 due to a 488 blue instead of the 445) This is way too much power, my eyes, they are burning from the scorching colors and the images are washed even when I get the colors tuned correctly, if I turn down the brightness colors are not right. I have recently added a .09 OD ND filter with an AR coating and that brings it down to around 450mw fixing the issue with the penalty of some image distortion, not enough to really bother me, but a really nice high quality 500mw projector would work so much better.

There are a lot of low power junk projectors available on ebay but they have 24kpps or less (in some cases servos) scanners in them and TTL color modulation with a dismal beam quality. I am trying to create planetarium style shows with graphics, abstracts and animations and those specs simply would not work for me.

The Wicked Laser Pro laser cube is a contender but again too much power at 2.5 watts it would be an ND filter again, and very pricey for what it is at $2600.00 for something I am going to add an ND filter to.

It would be nice if a laser projector manufacturer came out a Projector that would work for this application.

Minimum 30K scanners Compact 506 or DT 40s, Leaning toward Compact 506 for the ability to have three tunings, 24, 30 and 36 is what I have on mine. Saturn's, Cambridge or Eyemagic 8000s would be awesome, but if you are creating content your average projector out there is showing it at 30k or using multiple projectors for distributed scanning. So programming at 60k for the masses in most cases is just wishful thinking. fiber corrected diodes ( I do not have those) in a nice compact package with the ability to Add FB4 if needed.

At the end of the day I do not think anyone is interested in making these as they would not sell multiples like they do with the high power stuff you only need one projector in most cases for your programming studio. You would not take this out to a show but it could be used in a planetarium depending on dome size.

It seems the only way is custom DIY for this one. Or you might be able to have Dave Kumpula build it for you.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Phritzler View Post
    Hello.
    I think I can you offer exact what you want to have.

We at LIVE Lasersystems are busy finishing our new KORE projector series. We offer these projectors with two different power ratings at 5W and 10W.

To test stuff we also made a in house „variant“ thats specked right at your estimated power: around 450mW.
    It also features a astonishingly low divergence of just 0,1mrad with all colors having the same beam diameter at the output aperture!
    This makes it perfect for programming.
    The colors are just beautiful because of the good convergence (beam overlap).
    No halo, just the pure white.
    Because of our new build in drivers, the analog modulation capability is completely linear.

We are not offering this power class yet, because we cant judge demand for these small projectors.
    Our main business is mostly for high power indoor users.

Sadly as we are very close to actually releasing the high power projectors, we don’t have pictures ready.
    I will post them here when they get done. Its just a matter of a few days.

These projectors will be available with the following options:
    ILDA input or build in FB4 MAX (with/without BEYOND license).
    EMS8000 or EMS6000 scanners made by Eyemagic.

These projectors are completely made in Europe.
    No unstable/high divergence chinese modules inside.

BR,
    Phillip

Thanks Phillip Send me a PM when you have some more information on that projector. I would agree the market will not be that big for low power stuff like that as I had said before it would be for studio or smaller planetariums.
    Dreamcaster Multimedia
    Visit our website:

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    i spent last weekend working with a couple mobile beat mercury projectors from x-laser and came away quite impressed. fairly small, with great modulation and galvos. they use single mode diodes so the output is low powered and super sharp. they worked great with radiators and handled my 30k LSX shows with ease.
    Thanks Chris I want to hear more will catch up.

Best
    Michael
    Dreamcaster Multimedia
    Visit our website:

I'll add my recommendation for the Mirage projector from X-Laser. It's the perfect projector for programming. Small, lightweight, and very easy to set up.

It's low power, but because it uses all single-mode diodes, the beam is amazingly tight. Of course, this is great for graphics and abstracts, but it also makes the beams appear very bright, assuming the room is already darkened and properly hazed.

I've seen a 400 mw Mirage running side-by-side against a Pluto II (2.8 watts), and although the Pluto II was discernably brighter, to my eyes they were very close in apparent brightness. For sure the Pluto II didn't appear to be 7X brighter, as the power measurements would otherwise suggest.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    I'll add my recommendation for the Mirage projector from X-Laser. It's the perfect projector for programming. Small, lightweight, and very easy to set up.

It's low power, but because it uses all single-mode diodes, the beam is amazingly tight. Of course, this is great for graphics and abstracts, but it also makes the beams appear very bright, assuming the room is already darkened and properly hazed.

I've seen a 400 mw Mirage running side-by-side against a Pluto II (2.8 watts), and although the Pluto II was discernably brighter, to my eyes they were very close in apparent brightness. For sure the Pluto II didn't appear to be 7X brighter, as the power measurements would otherwise suggest.

Adam
    Hi Adam
    The price is not bad either

Thanks
    Michael
    Dreamcaster Multimedia
    Visit our website:

the benefit of a saturn scanner for programming is you can do 30kpps at full angle.
    So you can program larger in a smaller room and still have a proper representation of issues that you might normally miss when projecting small.

Just food for thought.

Agreed.

Although you'll pay a hefty premium for those Saturn scanners, and that's hard to justify when you're looking for a low-power projector that will only be used for programming.

What is the lowest-power projector you can buy these days that still has Saturn scanners? Anyone have an idea?

Adam

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

most decent chinese galvos will do 30K at 16 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    the benefit of a saturn scanner for programming is you can do 30kpps at full angle.
    So you can program larger in a smaller room and still have a proper representation of issues that you might normally miss when projecting small.

Just food for thought.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.