Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2022 Sign-up Thread

Payment sent
    Med T-shirt, please.
    Baptist Bob t

Super excited! Payment sent. 1 Laserist and 1 teenage guest. 1 Medium T-Shirt please.

Just a reminder: the standard registration period for SELEM is now over, and the shirt order has been submitted.

You can still register for SELEM, but the cost is now $199, and you may not get a shirt. (We always order a few extra shirts each year, but when the extras are gone, that's that.)

Adam

Just booked my flight and I'll be coming into PHL 8/1/22 at 12:36 AM... garbage time, but its a direct flight from the west coast AND half the price of every other flight.

Chances are probably slim, but anyone else flying in at that time? Or are there any night owls that want to come pick me up? I would pay for gas and treat ya to a late night diner meal

Anyway, looking forward to seeing you all!

Even though we are only scheduled until midnight on Monday, the 1st, if things go the same as they did last year, we will probably still be at the hall geeking out.

Adam

Default Important post!! :

Hi Folks,

Any of you that have already or plan to make reservations at the HIE Elkton, please reply to the new thread called "SELEM HIE" with the name the reservation is under. I am getting a list together for the manager of the hotel; she is going to work out a group rate for us for this year. Please try to reply before the middle of next week.

Thanks!
    Newlin

Quote Originally Posted by lulighttec View Post
    Hi Folks,

Any of you that have already or plan to make reservations at the HIE Elkton, please reply to the new thread called "SELEM HIE" with the name the reservation is under. I am getting a list together for the manager of the hotel; she is going to work out a group rate for us for this year. Please try to reply before the middle of next week.

Thanks!
    Newlin
    Hopefully it gets the price well under the ElkForge, if so I might try it next year, but still will be tuff to not stay at the B&B
    leading in trailing technology

The Elk Forge B&B is probably going to be a better deal for people traveling in groups, as many of their "rooms" are actually suites that give each person their own private space. So compared to everyone getting their own room at the hotel, it's cheaper to split one of the larger suites at the B&B.

In theory, if the Holiday Inn Express gives us a discounted group rate, then a single hotel room should be on-par with the cheaper, single rooms at the B&B. But I know that when Greg tried to book his room (before the HIE was willing to give us a discount), he said that the B&B was a good $25 per night cheaper, which is why he's staying there this year. (Hey, $25 per night adds up after a full week, ya know?)

I will admit that staying at a B&B has it's own charm, and that's worth a few extra bucks to those folks who appreciate it. (When we were in Newton, I always stayed at the Trotthouse for this very reason.) And lest we forget, the Elk Forge B&B agreed to give us a discount this year without us asking for it. (They remembered us from last year and volunteered the discount again.) Also, even though I will be staying with Brad at his house, now that the restaurant at the Elk Forge B&B is back to normal operation, we are thinking about heading over there for breakfast one day just to hang out with the people who are staying at the B&B. (Maybe Wednesday morning?)

But yeah, if the B&B ends up being more affordable all the way around, then I'm perfectly fine with just ignoring the Holiday Inn Express next year. Whatever the group feels is best!

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    The Elk Forge B&B is probably going to be a better deal for people traveling in groups, as many of their "rooms" are actually suites that give each person their own private space. So compared to everyone getting their own room at the hotel, it's cheaper to split one of the larger suites at the B&B.

In theory, if the Holiday Inn Express gives us a discounted group rate, then a single hotel room should be on-par with the cheaper, single rooms at the B&B. But I know that when Greg tried to book his room (before the HIE was willing to give us a discount), he said that the B&B was a good $25 per night cheaper, which is why he's staying there this year. (Hey, $25 per night adds up after a full week, ya know?)

I will admit that staying at a B&B has it's own charm, and that's worth a few extra bucks to those folks who appreciate it. (When we were in Newton, I always stayed at the Trotthouse for this very reason.) And lest we forget, the Elk Forge B&B agreed to give us a discount this year without us asking for it. (They remembered us from last year and volunteered the discount again.) Also, even though I will be staying with Brad at his house, now that the restaurant at the Elk Forge B&B is back to normal operation, we are thinking about heading over there for breakfast one day just to hang out with the people who are staying at the B&B. (Maybe Wednesday morning?)

But yeah, if the B&B ends up being more affordable all the way around, then I'm perfectly fine with just ignoring the Holiday Inn Express next year. Whatever the group feels is best!

Adam

I have to call and ask but the reservation notification I got from the ELK mentioned boring breakfast due to state restrictions.
    leading in trailing technology

Hmm… I assume there’s other breakfast options nearby? A coffee shop maybe, Denny’s or similar?

Never having been there and not Googled anything, how metro-like is this area?

Greg
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon