Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2022 Sign-up Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    I forgot about Wawa but, I know you're a big fan. Funny, since I see it from my bedroom window. I've just never felt that I've been affluent enough to make convenience stores a part of my lifestyle. Starbucks either.
    Says the guy who buys 90% of what comes up for sale in 10 minutes or less
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ScannerMAX Mechanical Engineer
    ryan {at} scannermax.com

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by rns0504 View Post
    Says the guy who buys 90% of what comes up for sale in 10 minutes or less
    Exactly my point! I can't afford convenience stores.
    PM Sent...

I don't want to be a Debbie downer, but,

For those of you concerned about cholesterol...be wary of the Sizzli breakfast sandwiches at Wawa. I try to watch it since high cholesterol runs in my family. I don't know the exact numbers, but it's really high. Probably why they are so good!!

But it's the "good" cholesterol!

Ok, I fully know that asking this question I'm probably volunteering for the task.

But is anyone handling the SELEM scheduling that djeric did last year ?

I think someone in the Zoom calls also "volunteered" to do the scheduling -- who was that?

I'd like to do a followup presentation for ILDAC-32 and ILDAC-WAV, but as far as I can tell, nobody has put a schedule together.

If buffo or djeric has the source templates from last year and can send them to me, I can give it a shot.

5 Days!!!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	200.gif 
Views:	35 
Size:	379.0 KB 
ID:	59030

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock View Post
    5 Days!!!!!
    And still so many things to do... But yeah, we are getting there.

Hank, I think David Kumpula still has the blank schedule documents. If you'd like to take a stab at setting a schedule, I'd reach out to him first to get copies of what he's done in the past. Then I would suggest you give Brad a call - he can probably provide some approximate times for meals and such.

We don't have a lot of things to schedule this year, but we did want to do some live broadcasting on at least one of the days. Maybe check with Will Carder on that to see if it's still on the table. Also, Chris and I will be doing VR demos and racing RC cars, but that doesn't necessarily need to be scheduled. I know you had a presentation on the ILDAC-32, and Jacob Potter might have something to say about the new Etherdream as well. Don't know if Chris Short has any news about the Radiator that he wants to share, but that's another possibility. Nisha Ramnath said she's got some new shows she'd like to share, and I think a few other people expressed interest in running new content as well.

If you can't get input from everyone, maybe just have a schedule posted each day with the blank times listed.?. Then that morning people can fill in things for the day? Just a thought...

Adam

PS: For those of you who saw the preview in DC back in April, I have good (and terrifying) news: after a diode transplant, I'm happy to report that BIG BLUE LIVES and will be making an appearance at SELEM.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i would be happy to do a radiator talk. i've been doing some midi control of radiators via LSX and streamdecks that might be interesting to folks and i'm happy to do some q&a.

there is an announcement to be made, but i don't know if i can do it yet, i have to clear it first.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    And still so many things to do... But yeah, we are getting there.

Hank, I think David Kumpula still has the blank schedule documents. If you'd like to take a stab at setting a schedule, I'd reach out to him first to get copies of what he's done in the past. Then I would suggest you give Brad a call - he can probably provide some approximate times for meals and such.

We don't have a lot of things to schedule this year, but we did want to do some live broadcasting on at least one of the days. Maybe check with Will Carder on that to see if it's still on the table. Also, Chris and I will be doing VR demos and racing RC cars, but that doesn't necessarily need to be scheduled. I know you had a presentation on the ILDAC-32, and Jacob Potter might have something to say about the new Etherdream as well. Don't know if Chris Short has any news about the Radiator that he wants to share, but that's another possibility. Nisha Ramnath said she's got some new shows she'd like to share, and I think a few other people expressed interest in running new content as well.

If you can't get input from everyone, maybe just have a schedule posted each day with the blank times listed.?. Then that morning people can fill in things for the day? Just a thought...

Adam

PS: For those of you who saw the preview in DC back in April, I have good (and terrifying) news: after a diode transplant, I'm happy to report that BIG BLUE LIVES and will be making an appearance at SELEM.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

At several SELEMs in the past, we used an app to announce scheduled events to everyone's phone.

What apps did we use in the past, and are there better options today?

Discord or Slack?

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i think it was discord. there is a SELEM channel already established.

Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    At several SELEMs in the past, we used an app to announce scheduled events to everyone's phone.

What apps did we use in the past, and are there better options today?

Discord or Slack?
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.