Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PhotonLexicon Group Zoom Call - Are You Interested?

I wouldn't mind joining

Be nice to see everyone. Likely won’t be at selem

I probably wont be either but this time not because of covid but because of gas prices.... yeesh

I'll try to join. Displaser, I'll PM you for the link.
    Still trying to figure out if I can make it to SELEM this year.
    Last edited by Mattronium; 04-30-2022 at 09:39.

That was fun. I appreciate a pleasant distraction from some of stupid stuff I've been dealing with. We should do this more often. Thanks for making this happen. Next time I'll plug my phone into a charger.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

I agree, this was fun! Wish I could have stayed longer, but I've been battling a cold all weekend and just didn't have any energy left.

This is something we should think about doing on a more regular basis - perhaps even quarterly...

Adam

Friends,

Yep, a big thanks again to Newlin for use of his Zoom account. Thanks to all that could join, as I believe we had somewhere around 20 that were on the call as a total headcount for participants. It ran over 9 hours, so I’d call that a success!

Adam,

I’d think something on a quarterly basis would be good as well. I was also thinking that maybe a call in mid-June might be beneficial to discuss plans for SELEM as part of the intent.

Thanks all,
    Greg
    Last edited by Displaser; 05-02-2022 at 14:01.
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

I like the idea of doing another Zoom call before SELEM. Would be nice to talk about last minute ideas, questions about load-in and setup, etc. We can also discuss the public concert that will be held on Friday night (immediately after load-out). Perhaps it would be better to do that towards the end of June?

Pleased to hear that you guys kept at it for over 9 hours. I seem to recall that the first one that Newlin set up (in the earlier days of the pandemic) lasted quite long as well. Sorry I had to bail after only 5-ish hours, but I was fading fast. (Fortunately, I think I've just about kicked this cold - feel *much* better today!)

Hopefully we can get some of our friends from outside the US to join in for the next one!

Adam

Hey Adam,

The end of June sounds fine if a month ahead of SELEM isn’t cutting anything too close. I know that Zoom supports a “Whiteboard” feature (I’ve never used it), but maybe that would be beneficial to anything that needs to be sketched out. Brad was showing some drawings for the front stage to Rick towards the end, so there may be more we can take advantage of on future calls?

Thanks,
    Greg
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

I've never used the whiteboard feature either, but there are several ways to have people participate in a group meeting with a shared document. Worse case, you can either share your screen, or just point your webcam at an actual whiteboard in the room. But yeah, I'm sure we can figure things out.

The layout and setup for SELEM this year will be the same as last year, so I think it will go very smoothly. I'm more worried about Friday, because not only do we have to tear down and load-out everything, but we also need to set up for the concert that evening. Still, we've had a couple meetings with the laserists who will be performing for that show, and we've got the layout more or less sorted for that. We just need to be very efficient with our efforts on Friday!

Mid-to-late June works for me for the next Zoom call. If it's a good time for you and Newlin, I'd say let's go ahead and schedule it now. Want to do the same thing as before? (Start at ~ 4 PM on a Saturday and go until whenever?) I think the last call had people up past 1 AM, right?

Adam