Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dean's List

Default Dean's List

My folks are WWII era, so I got to hear plenty of Big Band music growing up. There's a Dorsey tune called 'I Should Care' that popped in my head the other day
    that I remember enjoying on an old scratchy LP as a kid. Needless to say, it's on YouTube...

Here's a more modern take.

Default Classical Gas

Haven't heard this tune in many years- and never had I heard it like this.

It must be nice to have talent...

Thumbs up Thumbs up for Tommy Emmanuel!

Tommy Emmanuel is amazing. I've posted some of his videos before. He's got a real talent for fingerpicking, not to mention his custom arrangements that take advantage of his talent.

One of my all-time favorites of his is the famous "Beatles Medley" that he performs at nearly all of his live shows.

Here's a video of one of his performances - pay particular attention at ~ 48 seconds in. He explains that he will be playing two separate parts at the same time, but the seamless transition from playing a simple chord plus the baseline to playing the baseline and the melody is pure genius, in my opinion.

If you get sucked in to Tommy's style of playing, you'll find that the rabbit hole is quite deep! He's been performing for decades, and he's even posted instructional videos on how to play some of his unique arrangements.

Adam

Default King of Swing

The Jedi Master himself, Benny Goodman. He ruled in the 1930's, here he is some 50 years later- one of his last performances.

Default Crank Up the Organ

Here's the Liberace of the pipe organ- Diane Bish.

Default One Hit Wonder

It's one hit wonder time on Dean's list- here's a few...

Default I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up

I can't believe I've found this- the last time I heard it on the radio was circa 1990 in my Air Force days in Sacramento. One of a VERY few rap tunes that I can truly appreciate.