Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LFI Player Software Rides Again

I will give this a go later, thanks for posting

I had a play with your software I love the fact that you can spin the object just by swiping the screen the only problem I found was the screen not displaying correctly on the left hand side... maybe its something to do with my laptop display ? I will try the program on one of my desktop Pcs at some point.....

anyway keep up the good work

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Laaser show.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	58829

Thanks for the info! Very much appreciate it. Is it just the X/Y signal levels that are incorrect? I.e., do I need to look at RGBI as well, or do those seem to be okay?

I'm using Beyond Compare to diff the V1.1.6 and V1.2.X EzAudDac part of the LFI Player code, and pretty sure I see what's going on with the X/Y. Will put a "test" version of the app on SourceForge later today or this evening.

Out of curiosity, is there any possibility of distributing your custom DLL that works for both EasyLase and EzAudDac with LFI Player? That way I could get rid of the EasyLase specific code in LFI Player.

Sorry, just realized I wasn't responding to the last post. That was for dchammonds. I'm new to this whole forum thing, so please be patient with me.

@Dmax, does the screen continue to display incorrectly even if you resize the main window? I don't think I've seen this issue before. Out of curiosity, what is your display resolution? Not sure if that could have anything to do with it, but anything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerus View Post
    Thanks for the info! Very much appreciate it. Is it just the X/Y signal levels that are incorrect? I.e., do I need to look at RGBI as well, or do those seem to be okay?

I'm using Beyond Compare to diff the V1.1.6 and V1.2.X EzAudDac part of the LFI Player code, and pretty sure I see what's going on with the X/Y. Will put a "test" version of the app on SourceForge later today or this evening.

Out of curiosity, is there any possibility of distributing your custom DLL that works for both EasyLase and EzAudDac with LFI Player? That way I could get rid of the EasyLase specific code in LFI Player.
    Only X/Y are multi-byte, it's the high and low bytes of each that are swapped. EasyLase and EzAudDac use the same byte order, Helios is different.
    My SpiroDAC app uses the modified Helios DLL.

https://www.photonlexicon.com/forums...938#post352938

@Dmax, does the screen continue to display incorrectly even if you resize the main window? I don't think I've seen this issue before. Out of curiosity, what is your display resolution? Not sure if that could have anything to do with it, but anything is possible.

I've only run the program on my laptop and the runs at 1920 by 1080 if I change the main window the problem remains

Hmmm, that's truly puzzling. I really don't recall having seen this issue. I'm grasping at straws, but perhaps try renaming the LFI_Player.ini file (essentially deleting it) to force the software to default values and see what happens. I also have a couple of extra laptops sitting around I can try to get a repro on this weekend. Will let you know.

Great to see this bought back to life for the modern OS, and with some updates. Well done!

In terms of the artefacts affecting the GUI behaving strangely, I’ve found sometimes the HighDPI management used in GUI components and, from a user’s perspective, the scaling settings can play havoc with the GDI, if something is not accounted for correctly. So that might be an area to double check.
    Laser Safety
    https://www.lvroptical.com
    https://www.facebook.com/LaserSafety

- Laser Show Safety Training & Audience Scanning Workshops.
    - Effects Assessment, and Realtime MPE Measurement
    - Pangolin PASS System Integrator

So good news...sort of. I connected my laptop to a 4K monitor, and yah sure you betcha, I got a repro of the display issue. So at least I have something to test with.

@JStewart: Thank you so much for the info. The app and associated GUI was originally written 24 years ago, and has remained largely unchanged, so I would imagine the app being High DPI unaware is indeed the issue. To be honest, until your post, I didn't even think about there being such a thing. Ah, the things we don't know we don't know

@Dmax: Even if you're running your laptop at 1920 x 1080, do you happen to know if it's a High DPI display? Might help to understand if I'm barking up the right tree.

So good news...sort of. I connected my laptop to a 4K monitor, and yah sure you betcha, I got a repro of the display issue. So at least I have something to test with.

@JStewart: Thank you so much for the info. The app and associated GUI was originally written 24 years ago, and has remained largely unchanged, so I would imagine the app being High DPI unaware is indeed the issue. To be honest, until your post, I didn't even think about there being such a thing. Ah, the things we don't know we don't know

@Dmax: Even if you're running your laptop at 1920 x 1080, do you happen to know if it's a High DPI display? Might help to understand if I'm barking up the right tree.
    No problem. I seem to remember that the Windows scaling setting, if set to anything other than 100%, can mess with the layout of unaware EXEs. There is an API call that can be used to check the scaling, and you can then accommodate that accordingly to keep things looking right. I'm not at a Windows machine at the moment so can't recall what it was.

@Dmax if you could check the scaling setting you have also, that may help Lazerus.

Good luck with it.
    Laser Safety
    https://www.lvroptical.com
    https://www.facebook.com/LaserSafety

- Laser Show Safety Training & Audience Scanning Workshops.
    - Effects Assessment, and Realtime MPE Measurement
    - Pangolin PASS System Integrator