Thread: Millennia XsS Question

Default Millennia XsS Question

Does anyone know what is the correct power supply model for a Millennia XsS head? It appears to be similar to some other model Spectra Physics lasers. A manual for this laser would be very helpful. I can’t find one online and one call to the company let me know I don’t have a chance getting on drop of info on it, since I’m not the original buyer or a university.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	91395970-6069-4523-BCEF-E76E8DE44C69.jpeg 
Views:	4 
Size:	4.43 MB 
ID:	58828

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Remind them that under 21 CFR 1040 a manual must be provided for reasonable requests. FDA may have changed that requirement, but it did exist.

"To servicing dealers and distributors and to others upon request at a cost not to exceed the cost of preparation and distribution, adequate instructions for service adjustments and service procedures for each laser product model, including clear warnings and precautions to be taken to avoid possible exposure to laser and collateral radiation in excess of the accessible emission limits in tables I, II-A, II, III-A, III-B, and VI of paragraph (d) of this section, and a schedule of maintenance necessary to keep the product in compliance with this section and § 1040.11; and in all such service instructions, a listing of those controls and procedures that could be utilized by persons other than the manufacturers or the manufacturer's agents to increase accessible emission levels of radiation and a clear description of the location of displaceable portions of the protective housing that could allow human access to laser or collateral radiation in excess of the accessible emission limits in tables I, II-A, II, III-A, III-B, and VI of paragraph (d) of this section. The instructions shall include protective procedures for service personnel to avoid exposure to levels of laser and collateral radiation known to be hazardous for each procedure or sequence of procedures to be accomplished, and legible reproductions (color optional) of required labels and hazard warnings."

I'm curious if that still can fly.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Steve. Thanks, I get the impression that they don’t want to talk with the little guy. I get it. It’s a big corporation with poor online documentation for legacy products. You posted the manual for the Millenia Pro recently. That series looks identical to the XsS head that I have. It calls for a J80 power supply. Why can’t I just use a T40-8SS-08 power supply. It has two FC bar pump diodes, and it appears that the J series PS are just more compact.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

I would reach out to Starlight Photonics. Kevin will be the one to know.
    Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...