Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice on displaying a company logo on my Unity Elite 2 laser 30k galvos

Default Advice on displaying a company logo on my Unity Elite 2 laser 30k galvos

Hello, I am new to this forum and hope that this is the right place to ask this question. I am trying to take a .png image of a company logo and vectorize it so I can either convert to .ilda or somehow project it on my unity elite 2 laser. The galvos are 30k and have no issues throwing pretty complex stuff at it most of the time but i'm really having trouble with this one because it is trying to throw way too many points at it. I am using Inkscape to trace bitmap, tried converting to ilda in ILD SOS with not very good results. I also have Madmapper/MadLaser and they have their own way of displaying these files but again no matter what I try it seems to try and make too many points so after the 3rd letter it starts flashing. Does anyone know the tricks to make this work? Or even a company that would take the logo and make it able to be displayed through my laser? Any help would be much appreciated I will attach the file in question .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails flexyblackLogo.png  

You can render vector fonts into a frame with LaserBoy. You might not get exactly that logo, but you will probably be able to read it when projected.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

You could make a copy of any of the fonts that are there, name it something else and only have to draw the letters you use in the logo. The font rendering system in LaserBoy will position the glyphs.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    You can render vector fonts into a frame with LaserBoy. You might not get exactly that logo, but you will probably be able to read it when projected.
    Awesome thank you I will give that a try!

Hi,

on the first view of your Bitmap you can use every Tool what you want to use.

It's so complex that it probably can't be scanned well on 2 projectors separately.

Tracing Result using my Tracer (Centerline Tracing ) is about 1250 Poins without Start/End Repeats
    and Interpolation. I think the Frame will be in the Range of 2400-2600 Points including all.
    Flicker free with 25fps you need 65K Scanspeed. So the only Result can be divide the Frame and scan a
    half if him with each Laser.
    Greetings
    Guido

www.mylaserpage.de

If you have questions, just ask. There are quite a few things to know that could save you a lot of time and give you better results.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

that logo is way too complex for laser projection. you either need to drastically reduce the complexity or scan it across multiple projectors.

Quote Originally Posted by LighthouseLasers View Post
    Hello, I am new to this forum and hope that this is the right place to ask this question. I am trying to take a .png image of a company logo and vectorize it so I can either convert to .ilda or somehow project it on my unity elite 2 laser. The galvos are 30k and have no issues throwing pretty complex stuff at it most of the time but i'm really having trouble with this one because it is trying to throw way too many points at it. I am using Inkscape to trace bitmap, tried converting to ilda in ILD SOS with not very good results. I also have Madmapper/MadLaser and they have their own way of displaying these files but again no matter what I try it seems to try and make too many points so after the 3rd letter it starts flashing. Does anyone know the tricks to make this work? Or even a company that would take the logo and make it able to be displayed through my laser? Any help would be much appreciated I will attach the file in question .
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Or break it into parts. Main logo spins up, dims out, then web address is displayed,, dims out, then scroll text across. Repeat

I would eliminate many of the horizontal bands in the main text.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

See what I did to the Letter "F"? Do that to the rest of the letters. Keep your scan angle down when programming, to match the actual throw distance to the image.
    I emptied out the letter and sealed it so the auto-trace only sees the outer perimeter.

Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails flexy.mods.png  

Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

One final option might be to try scanning this as a raster image.

Otherwise, I agree that you'll need to simply the logo DRAMATICALY if you want to scan it as a vector image.

Adam