Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heavenly Mother

Default Heavenly Mother

Sorry folks, I couldn't let this slip by unnoticed...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ne...e8a697118c7391

I can't make this stuff up- it's way beyond my pay grade...

Meh, I have a dim view of both.
    Glowing green eyes is a camera photoflash reflection.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Mess with the Theotokos' image and virtue, you will get burned on Earth. Very soon waves of Orthodox women and a great deal of their men will descend upon you in virulent discourse. That will start a verbal "Holy" war of unprecedented magnitude. That will be just the first wave..

In one blow you anger the Mormons, the Eastern Orthodox, the Catholics, The Coptics, the Anglicans, Islam, African American Women, Feminists, and most of the Protestant Faiths. You will have very angry Greeks and Italians. Mary (and her sister Elizabeth) is a BIG deal in parts of Islam, Honored Mother of a major prophet (Isa/Jesus) there... Heck you'll even pick up some agnostics and atheists, based on so called genetics research tracing us to one Mother (Eve) in Africa.

Not all of those faiths or associations honor or treat her in the same way, but the general sentiment is "Your messin with my Moma!"

Don't mess with the General Concept of Mom... Even if you an atheist or of a polytheistic faith, you have a mom in there somewhere.. It just won't fly.

Yeah, wise move there.... No, you could not make that up.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 07-27-2022 at 11:41.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Only the true believers or faithful will anger. Why? I know why, just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Mess with the Theotokos' image and virtue, you will get burned on Earth. Very soon waves of Orthodox women and a great deal of their men will descend upon you in virulent discourse. That will start a verbal "Holy" war of unprecedented magnitude. That will be just the first wave..

In one blow you anger the Mormons, the Eastern Orthodox, the Catholics, The Coptics, the Anglicans, Islam, African American Women, Feminists, and most of the Protestant Faiths. You will have very angry Greeks and Italians. Mary (and her sister Elizabeth) is a BIG deal in parts of Islam, Honored Mother of a major prophet (Isa/Jesus) there... Heck you'll even pick up some agnostics and atheists, based on so called genetics research tracing us to one Mother (Eve) in Africa.

Not all of those faiths or associations honor or treat her in the same way, but the general sentiment is "Your messin with my Moma!"

Don't mess with the General Concept of Mom... Even if you an atheist or of a polytheistic faith, you have a mom in there somewhere.. It just won't fly.

Yeah, wise move there.... No, you could not make that up.

Steve
    All I can say is whatever you do, avoid burning incense to the Queen of Heaven or baking cakes in her image...

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...44&version=NIV

It didn't end well for the remnant of Judah that came back to Egypt.

Oh, and you might want to ditch that statue in your front yard.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

I'm a believer in a modest church We have no time on our hands to go out terrorizing the good people of Copley-Fairlawn. We're busy trying to heal people thru faith. I worship the Lord at a healing ministry.
    No time for statues. Often we're busy cleaning up the mess left over by the nutcases who think "My way or the highway" and do more damage then good. Moderation in all things.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    I'm a believer in a modest church We have no time on our hands to go out terrorizing the good people of Copley-Fairlawn. We're busy trying to heal people thru faith. I worship the Lord at a healing ministry.
    No time for statues. Often we're busy cleaning up the mess left over by the nutcases who think "My way or the highway" and do more damage then good. Moderation in all things.

Steve
    I think religion has its place, but so much is placed upon faith which I call a poor excuse for directly knowing or experiencing. Many claim we cannot know for ourselves, I disagree, but I can't prove it which brings that statement to an end right there as such knowledge is personal, can't be given, can only be experienced.
    Last edited by Laser57; 07-28-2022 at 05:10.

Faith is belief in something with absolutely no evidence.

Atheism is faith that there is no God.

Agnosticism is understanding that there are things that are unknowable and some questions are truly pointless.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Why is there no catagory for direct contact and knowledge of God which requires zero faith? Taboo? Religions can only market that which they cannot give, there is more than faith alone.

The easiest thing to sell to some people is their own imagination, irrational fears and impossible dreams and a one-size-fits-all concept of "morality".
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.