Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1154 nm Laser Diodes

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    good luck been looking for years. I found a few very low power ones but if you can’t get the energy density in the crystal to double it doesn’t work. They were also very expensive.

the idea is to go the dpss way 808-1154-577. That’s the secret sauce of opsl.

Doesn’t seem likely I will ever find them at power then, I’ve been looking at this crystal to make 607, but the mirrors are probably outrageous to buy: https://www.halide-crylink.com/fluor...r-ylf-crystal/
    Glowing green eyes is a camera photoflash reflection.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser57 View Post
    Doesn’t seem likely I will ever find them at power then, I’ve been looking at this crystal to make 607, but the mirrors are probably outrageous to buy: https://www.halide-crylink.com/fluor...r-ylf-crystal/
    I looked at that a while back. It was available from a guy in Germany but he wanted too much for it. It’s actually easy to drive with 445nm. He was also selling the mirrors. Bet a hene orange or rod could work. Sam has lot of those.

Hello!
    I have PR:Ylf crystals and optics for the resonators on stock!
    BR
    Phillip

PM sent, I've been looking at some of those crystals at 4Laser.com and their prices, curious what yours are.

Quote Originally Posted by Phritzler View Post
    Hello!
    I have PR:Ylf crystals and optics for the resonators on stock!
    BR
    Phillip
    hi Phillip I was not referring to you for the record. I would also be interested. It was just way too expensive couple years back. Given the drive power in445, you should be able to get substantial output from this setup. 607 looks interesting but the 640 is what I was after thinking I’d get better beam from it than diodes. Not sure how it modulates however.

Be careful with opening these heads.. they dont take kind to any specs of dust with all that pump power!

Quote Originally Posted by Laser57 View Post
    I may have misunderstood the pump diode wavelength used in my 577 nm OPSL laser, does anyone know what is typical?
    its 808nm...
    ive seen these diode been made before by i think dilas..
    however these diode susually need a correction optic glued to the front that you cannot do by hand.. not just FAC

The 577 head I have was opened by the seller who tried to get it working, he thought the pump diodes were bad and that they were 1154 nm. I will need to find a way to be sure dust doesn't cause a problem, I don't have a clean room, but I imagine there is a way to pump in inert gas to remove dust and seal it up again.

I am in process of buying some Pr:YLF crystals, but my Paypal address is the USA through US mail to an APO, AE address. I'd rather not ship through the mail and Phillip cannot ship to an address which is different from my PayPal address and be covered, so still working on this. If he listed them on ebay, they will allow me to ship to my address in Doha, Qatar and pay with PayPal, but not using Paypal directly.

why buy pr:ylf when you arent sure its the problem? .. id first diagnose all the parts prior to it like the pump which gets the most wear next to the OPS chip.. aside from misalignments happening in the optical cavity due to dropping or whatever.
    Heads do not have means to pump in inert gas.

Regarding clean room: Laminar flow hood or make a clean box.. better then nothing... dust is indeed an issue.
    Also replace, add a dessicant pack in the head.. moisture isnt kind on that crystal and can cause it to degrade, turn white and into powder.

I'd need to fit an input and output attachment to pump the gas in and let the contaminated air out, but the Pr:YLF crystal isn't for this head, I want to make 607 nm orange.

I already have two 2 watt 577 nm lasers which are working, the cavity I'm writing about with the pump diode being weak is a third head of the same type. I need to further troubleshoot the weak head, although I am not so sure it is a weak diode as the seller thought, I've been wondering if it is really an alignment problem, or now whether the OPS needs replacement but with the hours an OPSL can run, perhaps that's not it. The optics in front of the laser diode are not glued to it that I can see, but butt up against it. Of course, they are designed for that specific diode array, I am aware that just putting in another diode of another design isn't going to match, I'd have to figure out how to make it work and this is not a short term project or an easy task, I might not be able to solve it, I'd bet I can't without the exact diode, but looking into it as a puzzle for the fun of it. Mostly, I want to learn about OPSL, doesn't matter so much I can get it working, just hobby fun.
    Last edited by Laser57; 06-08-2022 at 13:31.