Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Home Arcade

Quote Originally Posted by ronhip View Post
    Hmmm... I've always heard it referred to a "Uranium glass", since it's a uranium oxide that gives it the yellow-greeninsh (Vaseline) color. Wikipedia has a nice short article on it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uranium_glass

Ron
    You are right of course.

I have some vaseline glass, but some is just uranium glass.

Its often used interchangeably
    Custom build - 1 watt rgb laser projector - saturn scanners, 6 single-mode diodes
    Kvant - Clubmax 1800
    Pangolin Beyond, LSX, Maxwell, Laserdock, Etherdream, Prototype Apple II Laser DAC
    Various Pointers and Lab lasers along w/Diodes, Arrays, OPSL, DPSS, HeNe and Argons.
    Lasos Air Cooled Argon w/plexiglass covered glass bell
    SP-127

What a lovely home arcade! Very cool!

I have a few pins myself and one Atari cabinet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210223_163745.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	2.26 MB 
ID:	58948Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210223_130822.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	4.29 MB 
ID:	58949
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post

That is great, I have owned cyclone and millionaire in the past. Cyclone and Highspeed were the first pins I was introduced to in college dorm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post

That is great, I have owned cyclone and millionaire in the past. Cyclone and Highspeed were the first pins I was introduced to in college dorm.
    leading in trailing technology

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Oh man, High Speed was at the local arcade in college and my roommate and I would play that thing for hours. I'm not a big (or good) pinball player, but that one game is burned into my mind! I did notice it very briefly on your virtual pinball machine video. Do you have the real thing?

Also, in the 70's, my dad had a Playboy pinball machine in his basement bar. We played that a lot (free play, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Thank you! Highspeed is an awesome pin! I have a special place in my heart for Millionaire. My uncle had Millionaire in his shop and it was one of the first pins I ever played. When he sold his business, the pin went, too. Several years later, I found one on Craigslist and purchased it and restored it. Blackout came a few years later and Cyclone was recent. The only mod I made to Cyclone was removing the Hankscraft 11rpm motor that turns the ferris wheel. Those motors are notoriously weak and you have to get the EXACT correct belt for it, otherwise the belt is too tight and the motor will hang. I put a 0.9° stepper with a smooth step driver. You can't hear it and it turns fluidly. Now, I can use any belt that "fits" because the stepper has lots of torque. I am on the lookout for a 1980 Black Knight. After that, my wife has stipulated, no more pins! lol

That is really cool that you converted a part of your home into an arcade. It's fun to grow up and be an adult but holding on to the magic of being a kid and the fun we all had is something more important. DEVO said it best... "Remember to take time out for fun".
    Last edited by absolom7691; 07-12-2022 at 09:10.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.