Thread: Ether Dream 3 - At a total loss

Default Ether Dream 3 - At a total loss

Hello. I bought the etherdream 3. I have not been able to reach the sitter.exe.

Can someone please help me? - I have limited knowledge in terms of ip adresses and networks.

So i set the static ip address to the following:

ip 192.168.1.234
    netmask 255.255.255.0
    gateway 192.168.1.1

What do i set my computer to? - i dont have any intentions of using a switch or anything.

I tried setting it up putting my ip on com the same as the gateway and copying the netmask.

I hope questions from somebody new in this field (without basic understanding of ip) is okay.

Hmmmm. All the best.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

the easiest way is to not set anything.

set the nic on your computer to dhcp (auto assign) and don't set anything on the etherdream. they will both do a dhcp timeout and self-assign ip's on the same subnet. it will just work. nice and simple. once that happens, sitter will have no problem finding the etherdream.

Quote Originally Posted by frustrated View Post
    Hello. I bought the etherdream 3. I have not been able to reach the sitter.exe.

Can someone please help me? - I have limited knowledge in terms of ip adresses and networks.

ip 192.168.1.234
    netmask 255.255.255.0
    gateway 192.168.1.1

What do i set my computer to? - i dont have any intentions of using a switch or anything.

I tried setting it up putting my ip on com the same as the gateway and copying the netmask.

I hope questions from somebody new in this field (without basic understanding of ip) is okay.

Hmmmm. All the best.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    the easiest way is to not set anything.

set the nic on your computer to dhcp (auto assign) and don't set anything on the etherdream. they will both do a dhcp timeout and self-assign ip's on the same subnet. it will just work. nice and simple. once that happens, sitter will have no problem finding the etherdream.

Hello. Thx for replying. I erased the txt. file. Then i got access. Could not make modulaser find the dac. After that an error occurred

errno 10051 a socket operation was attempted to an unreachable network

I then realized i had not set my computer to auto-assign. But now i am back to nothing with the sitter.exe. Not detecting anything??

Hello. Thx for replying. I erased the txt. file. Then i got access. Could not make modulaser find the dac. After that an error occurred

errno 10051 a socket operation was attempted to an unreachable network

I then realized i had not set my computer to auto-assign. But now i am back to nothing with the sitter.exe. Not detecting anything??
    Correction: I downloaded the file again - now i got full access. But modulaser refuses to find dac. any idea of why that might happen??

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Correction: I downloaded the file again - now i got full access. But modulaser refuses to find dac. any idea of why that might happen??
    i have no experience with modlaser, but if sitter can see it, everything should be good to go.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    i have no experience with modlaser, but if sitter can see it, everything should be good to go.
    Touchdesigner is good to go. Except jitter when it comes to signal processing. Hmmm.

ip 192.168.1.234
    netmask 255.255.255.0
    gateway 192.168.1.1

With that IP address and subnet mask, you can set your computer to any IP address between (including) 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.254, except 192.168.1.234. Your computer will need the same subnet mask of 255.255.255.0. I seem to recall seeing some weirdness with modulaser and network settings, but don't remember the details. Try setting your computer's IP to 192.168.1.230, subnet mask 255.255.255.0, and disable all other network interfaces (like wifi, VPN adapters, etc) before starting modulaser.

You may also get interference with other applications that want to use the network sockets required for the Etherdream. Try closing other applications that might use local networking (like Touch Designer) before starting up modulaser.