Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Projecting a logo

In general, rounded corners and gaps indicates that the vector art is not properly optimized for display. There is a lot of information there, but it's not entirely impossible. It's a matter of giving yourself the best chance and finding out what you have to do by trial and error.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    I did read the first post. I see a raster image of a logo. That needs to be recreated as a vector image, either whole or in parts. Again I ask, what solution do you offer?
    then why did you ask "What Logo"??

i offered solutions. you seem to be having problems reading today.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    then why did you ask "What Logo"??

i offered solutions. you seem to be having problems reading today.
    What logo in the form of a vector image?

Perhaps you should concentrate on what you actually know and understand and not so much about what you don't know or understand about my software.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

This is the file I was using, not sure how I could get it cleaner.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    What logo in the form of a vector image?

Perhaps you should concentrate on what you actually know and understand and not so much about what you don't know or understand about my software.
    dude....

my comment was "that image will not look good with 30k scanners regardless of the alchemy applied to it." i was not referencing your software... it's just the physics of galvo limitations and a too complex image.

but, if you insist: "your software looks like the ass end of an amiga modtracker and is unusable because of the rainbow vomit keystroke interface."

do you feel better now?
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by SamV View Post
    This is the file I was using, not sure how I could get it cleaner.
    I can see there is plenty of text in this file, so there must be an image in there. But when I try to open it in Inkscape or even a browser I can't see anything.

Do you have a way to convert this into dxf v12, so that it is POLYLINE?

I tried a couple of free online converters and I get nothing. The dxf file I get has no ENTITES sections at all.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Worldwide Modtracker feelings is Hertz... Being compared to a Mouseless Angry Fruit Salad Interface? Their class action defamation suit, twitter campaign, and global protest is inbound... They wish me to remind you they even had Sprites before TI made them popular. ... Muttered something about being friends with LSD256, LD16, LD400, LSD1000 and Pangos' First and Best Autotrace ever... Not to mention being neighbors with the first "Sound Chip Dac", First four channel sound chip replacement DAC and Op-amp level shifters without solid copper LOLz , Not to mention knowing the innovative Console Led Off/Dim/Bright Laser modulator.

LSD / LD1000 is so good I still have it running on an Emulator...

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 07-12-2022 at 14:13.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

There is a way to switch from fruit salad to just asparagus, carrots or beets, etc...
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

oh, i wasn't insulting amigas. they're great little machines. i used to have a whole slew of them back in my video production days.

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Worldwide Modtracker feelings is Hertz... Being compared to a Mouseless Angry Fruit Salad Interface? Their class action defamation suit, twitter campaign, and global protest is inbound... They wish me to remind you they even had Sprites before TI made them popular. ... Muttered something about being friends with LSD256, LD16, LD400, LSD1000 and Pangos' First and Best Autotrace ever... Not to mention being neighbors with the first "Sound Chip Dac", First four channel sound chip replacement DAC and Op-amp level shifters without solid copper LOLz , Not to mention knowing the innovative Console Led Off/Dim/Bright Laser modulator.

LSD / LD1000 is so good I still have it running on an Emulator...

Steve