Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Projecting a logo

Thankyou for this, I've just tried this with LaserShowGen and the output is all over the place. Even the basic test ilda file looked terrible. I think my laser might need servicing or something or not be upto specs. I'll check out laserboy but couldn't figure out how to install it on my mac.

The first image is your ilda file

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2022-07-13 at 7.17.39 PM (1).jpeg 
Views:	2 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	58979

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2022-07-13 at 7.17.39 PM.jpeg 
Views:	2 
Size:	110.1 KB 
ID:	58980

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2022-07-13 at 7.17.38 PM.jpeg 
Views:	1 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	58981

If you install SDL2 libs on your Mac, you can run an executable made for Intel cpu.

Get the zip of the current version and unzip the folder somewhere you can find it easily with a command shell.

Put the Mac executable into the root of that folder and run it from the shell.

For some reason the newest version of brew won't run as root and that screws up my instructions.

But others have followed those instructions and built it without being root.

https://laserboy.org/code/LaserBoy_OSX.zip

Let me know.

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Amazing thankyou

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    but, if you insist: "your software looks like the ass end of an amiga modtracker and is unusable because of the rainbow vomit keystroke interface."
    That literally sums up the experience of every LaserToy user, except it's creator.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Wizardry View Post
    That literally sums up the experience of every LaserToy user, except it's creator.
    Yes. Obviously. That's why it's used by people all over the world. It sucks so bad there are PhDs in Europe teaching seminars in universities and art museums using LaserBoy as part of their work flow.

It's not made for morons.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Quote Originally Posted by SamV View Post
    Amazing thankyou

Let me know if you have any questions.

Try loading the txt files! Then read them in a text editor.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

unusable because of the rainbow vomit keystroke interface.
    This has been one of the major detractors for me. It's a distraction at best. When using Putty or other CLI interface, I normally set my font color to a drab green. White text on black is too straining and black text on white (ugh... SecureCRT default) is an assault on the eyes. Rainbow on black is headache inducing because some colors against black are hard to see without shifting my focus. James, as requests go, could you add a toggle to your software to disable the rainbow CLI or even add a color select? Most terminals, if not all, let you do this.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

It's already there. You can switch to monochrome text and set the rgb to whatever you like.

"Those who fail to grasp art are the ones who criticize it."

So true!
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

how do we switch from text to gui?

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    It's already there. You can switch to monochrome text and set the rgb to whatever you like.

"Those who fail to grasp art are the ones who criticize it."

So true!
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post

15 Characters
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.