Thread: SELEM Meals

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Default SELEM Meals

I was a little caught off guard with the number of vegetarians last year as well as other dietary concerns. I think I remember most but, I also know new things pop up. Chris, Sal, Newlin and Nisha I know but, want to double check with everyone else just to make sure I'm not running around last minute trying to accomodate folks. I'm trying to spend less time in the kitchen by having more things prepped and ready this year.
    PM Sent...

Thanks so much for doing all this for everyone Brad! Our folks will include a vegetarian (Julie) Wed-Fri and two vegans (Gabby/Nick) Wed/Thu.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Delicious and appropriate are the words that come to mind. Good Job Brad...
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by aberry View Post
    Thanks so much for doing all this for everyone Brad! Our folks will include a vegetarian (Julie) Wed-Fri and two vegans (Gabby/Nick) Wed/Thu.
    I'm sorry I missed this, otherwise I would have been more prepared for Gabby & Nick. Vegans require a bit more planning while shopping and are hard to do on the fly. Especially to ensure they're getting adequate protein & macronutrients. I'm not a dietician so I'm not as well versed in what to substitute for certain essential ingredients to make many common dishes. It's also hard to establish whether the human who picked, processed, packed or transported the food was paid a proper wage since that all has to be taken into consideration for some who choose to be vegan.

Unrelated I know but, in our regular business, a good 80% of the time when we have weddings and other events where we've been informed there's a vegan, we've made special trips to stores to buy things and extra time to make dishes and the guest never even shows up to the event so, I don't often have on hand what we need. We can't even make a lot of the dishes one might make a vegetarian. I didn't even realize some commercial plant based foods aren't always vegan. I'll try to remember that for next year and again, I apologize for missing the reply to the post.
    PM Sent...

Default Big Thanks To Brad!

Thanks for the wonderful meals at SELEM this year! Fantastic and super relaxing to not have to cook. Maybe one year we can return the favor.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by cfavreau View Post
    Thanks for the wonderful meals at SELEM this year! Fantastic and super relaxing to not have to cook. Maybe one year we can return the favor.
    ....and cook brad?????
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    ....and cook brad?????
    He'd fit in the oven.

Toaster oven, that is.

Speaking of SELEM meals... I was traveling west Friday so stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Conover. The conference room is now where they set up all of the breakfast stuff. Otherwise, not much has changed.

Just thought I would share.