Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Omnichrome/Melles Griot 543 Air Cooled Argon Ion Laser Head

Default Omnichrome/Melles Griot 543 Air Cooled Argon Ion Laser Head

Hello,

I'm looking to try and buy or trade for an omni 543 argon laser of really any model as long as its still alive. I really don't even need the mirrors since i have multiple sets from tubes that have shattered in the mail but, i'd like to know what it outputs before i buy it.. apparently they come in different levels of spicy tube so some just output more or less and are rated accordingly.

if you have one that you don't want lemme know

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

If I have a working 643 AR all lines laser head at SELEM, can some one give it a soft ride to your HQ? Not in any hurry to ship one. Shipping properly is very, very, expensive.

Telemnster perhaps?

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

heh i already have a couple 643s but i'm after a 543 to complete my omni/mg collection. i wouldn't mind another though. i have a few funky OC's i would love to have on their own head. one that has the perfect reflectivity to give 575nm @9A but that might just be on that specific tube. by all lines do you mean including green and deep blues or just the standard white with red, yellow and a handful of blues?

I have two 543 heads excess to my needs. Both are all lines as configured. One seems to be brand new.

I'll see which cooling option they have tonight. But if I can get one to you via NYC/NJ or Selem, life would be easier. My host at SELEM lives in NJ and commutes to the city. Hop on a mass to NYC train and come and get it.

You can pry my single line yellow brand new 568 head from my cold, dead, hands. :-)

Steve

heh no need i have a tunable 643! i love 568nm when its isolated. what do both your 543s output power wise @10A? i have a few sets of mirrors for it i want to try out.. specifically the VERY multimode mirrors that should turn this into a class 4 air cooled argon that runs on single phase 120! mainly want that so i can run them lower and still have a nice display of colors... i like treating my ion lasers kindly. cooling wise i can do anything. i have the blowers and dual fan attachments for it plus my own misc fans if need be.

So I bought the two 543s for cheap on fleabay from a Seller 45 minutes north of me. Sort of thought I was getting dead parts units, that low a price. Then he showed me his wearhouse. I blew out a metric ton of spare cash over several trips, until he told me I was not the sort of mega-buyer he prefers. He wants 8,000$ a sale purchases, and he has the surplus medical lab gear to command those sorts of prices.

So four 643s are setting in the basement, one dead 543 stripped for parts to get rid of a prism end plate on a 643, two yellow only 643 heads, and two heads are now multiline, one pure KR one mixed. The yellow only mirror set does 568, and that is it. I have a set of yellow green mirrors (two yellow, two green, medical) purchased last year from Dynamic Laser (the remains of ALC) I need to try.

I don't have much use for the Argons, as I have a pile of ILT Kryptons and Argons..

Steve

you're living my dream.. i've had bad luck with ILT heads and i guess 543s too. i have a whole box of dead tubes i need to dispose of someday.. its a shame shipping is the only option for most of them and that's where they take their last breath. i'm in western mass so NYC isn't all too far from me but definitely out of the way. do you have any of the little 532 omni heads that are essentially modern ALC60x's? i have a few of those that i don't really need (although the more the merrier :P) i'm still curious what the 543s output since from what i find, they come in different spicy levels: A01, A02 and A03 which seem identical tube and gas fill wise (at least supposed to be) but just happen to be hotter tubes. an A03 would easily give me 600mW+ of multimode, multiline output. i can't even imagine what it'd do in standby! 50mW? 80mW? i've heard some of the non multimode A03s do about 40mW in standby.

if we ever do figure out how to transport it, that lexel 75 is still yours. the power supply especially is a pain for one person to carry.

yup have those. all those different A0X models are just sorted by the output power and besides that are identical. it seems the its based on the tube and not mirror coatings either. i've tested a few mirrors from different model heads and they seem to be the same.

Gas pressure and gas return tube diameter