Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laser Images QSDG help, any laserium peeps.

Default Laser Images QSDG help, any laserium peeps.

Anyone have the schematic or pinout for this solenoid driver for effect flags. Looking to build it out again and it has been awhile. I want to say it ran on +/- 35v but can not remember. Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2242.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	3.88 MB 
ID:	59026
    leading in trailing technology

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Anyone have the schematic or pinout for this solenoid driver for effect flags. Looking to build it out again and it has been awhile. I want to say it ran on +/- 35v but can not remember. Thanks

Name:	IMG_2242.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	3.88 MB 
ID:	59026
    The LF353 could be powered up to 36v peak or + and - 18vdc.

What are the Cap. voltage values on the input side of the board? that should give a hint.

Quote Originally Posted by lasermaster1977 View Post
    The LF353 could be powered up to 36v peak or + and - 18vdc.

What are the Cap. voltage values on the input side of the board? that should give a hint.

The caps are 50V, I am pretty sure it runs off a bit more than +/-18 as I just did some tests earlier with +/-24 and it was a bit sluggish compared to how snappy it worked in the past. (assuming I have the pinout correct)

The caps are 50V, I am pretty sure it runs off a bit more than +/-18 as I just did some tests earlier with +/-24 and it was a bit sluggish compared to how snappy it worked in the past. (assuming I have the pinout correct)
    The solenoid actuator drive circuits probably were greater in voltage, especially if they used the LEDEX rotary solenoids as they required a minimum of 30v or so.

Laserium's solenoid drivers were typically bipolar. One side would time out after a half second or so. That gave you a big kick at first and then the drive voltage dropped down to the 100% duty cycle voltage.
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by laserist View Post
    Laserium's solenoid drivers were typically bipolar. One side would time out after a half second or so. That gave you a big kick at first and then the drive voltage dropped down to the 100% duty cycle voltage.

Very clever. I noticed in the YT video "Laserium - The Gods of Light" there is a clip showing the super-fast cycling of multiple, rectangular, thin effects filters into and out of a beam. That was very impressive to me.

Very clever. I noticed in the YT video "Laserium - The Gods of Light" there is a clip showing the super-fast cycling of multiple, rectangular, thin effects filters into and out of a beam. That was very impressive to me.
    This is the driver for that, and here is a shot of the build out I am doing using the same items I am betting you noted in the video. Also converting DMX to TTL to trip them.

Name:	image1.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	311.2 KB 
ID:	59033Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image 2.jpg 
Size:	325.5 KB 
ID:	59034

This is the driver for that, and here is a shot of the build out I am doing using the same items I am betting you noted in the video. Also converting DMX to TTL to trip them.

Name:	image1.jpg 
Size:	311.2 KB 
ID:	59033Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image 2.jpg 
Size:	325.5 KB 
ID:	59034
    That's it !! Thanks for sharing this photo.

I'm not sure about that clip. The bipolar thing didn't recycle that quick. If you did a dual pulse the scan glass would just hang. It was a cool video, but I think it was sped up, it looked good on the video, and I bet it sounded like the projector was distroying itself, and...
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

Got it running tested for DMX control as well, now to cram everything in the box.