Thread: Best Laser Projector for beginner who want to run a business

Cool Best Laser Projector for beginner who want to run a business

I am looking for recommendations on which laser projector to buy. As a beginner, I was considering the Unity Raw 3, but these are $1500. Is there any other laser projector with similar quality but at a better price you would recommend starting with?

No. This is a pay to play industry. LOL

Anything cheaper most likely will not be legal to use for a business in the US. Although that is assuming you are in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by wingssv View Post
    I am looking for recommendations on which laser projector to buy. As a beginner, I was considering the Unity Raw 3, but these are $1500. Is there any other laser projector with similar quality but at a better price you would recommend starting with?
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyRobot View Post
    No. This is a pay to play industry. LOL

Anything cheaper most likely will not be legal to use for a business in the US. Although that is assuming you are in the US.

You are certainly right, I am not in the US but I still want something worth the investment, thanks for the advise.

You should add your location to your profile. It will make it easier for folks in your region to help you out.

OPTlaser would be an option to consider. They are Chinese made laser but are quite good quality. They are not a legal variance laser for the US and they may not be legal for business in other countries as well but maybe in your country you don't have to worry about stuff like that.

The OPTLasers are surprisingly high power for low cost and can have FB4 integrated in them. They must be making them with children or something for how cheap they.

Quote Originally Posted by wingssv View Post
    You are certainly right, I am not in the US but I still want something worth the investment, thanks for the advise.
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

What is your plan of use for this laser projector?

What do you want it to do?
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

I typically recommend the Kvant Spectrum 45 RYGB for new users
    You simply can't go wrong
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ScannerMAX Mechanical Engineer
    ryan {at} scannermax.com

You should add your location to your profile. It will make it easier for folks in your region to help you out.

OPTlaser would be an option to consider. They are Chinese made laser but are quite good quality. They are not a legal variance laser for the US and they may not be legal for business in other countries as well but maybe in your country you don't have to worry about stuff like that.

The OPTLasers are surprisingly high power for low cost and can have FB4 integrated in them. They must be making them with children or something for how cheap they.

Just added, I am from El Salvador in Central America. I don't think anyone is doing laser shows in the country, so I doubt there is any regulation whatsoever. I am going to check the OPTLasers to compare, this might be better to begin with and then invest into something from Unity. Wow its crazy they can have the FB4 integrated, that would make a significant upgrade. Thanks for the advise.

Which of the models can have FB4 integrated in them ?

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    What is your plan of use for this laser projector?

What do you want it to do?

I am planning to buy 2 to begin with and start offering laser shows. No one is doing it in my country and I think this could be a great business opportunity. Concerts, weddings, graduations any type of event that wants something amazing in lasers

Quote Originally Posted by TheHermit View Post
    I'm very happy with my OPTlaser PD3000-RGB for ~$800. The case and 3W RGB module are good build quality with low beam divergence and the DT-40 galvos are far better than el cheapo no-names on ebay or aliexpress. However, those cheap products are fine for lumia projectors.
    TBH, I haven't done a side-by-side comparison with Saturn nor Compact 504's (which others highly recommend), but I'm not interested in line animations.
    Another important consideration is which control software and ILDA DAC to use. Both need to be compatible.
    I started by following the leading laserists, which was LSX software ($200-$300)with Etherdream3 DACs ($200 per projector). Unfortunately, I've experienced little or no after sales support for both. LSX failed to ship the licensing dongle I had ordered and that stopped me from upgrading from Basic to Advanced. The ED3s lose signals.
    Depends upon your objective(s). If you are only going to have one projector, or daisy-chain multiple projectors, that have the same image, then Neon Captain's Radiator was designed by one of the best laserists in the business, Christopher Short. He has several YT videos demonstrating the Radiator.
    But, if you're planning on going professional and needing to independently control multiple images, then Beyond with external FB4 DACs is your best route, IMHO. You can still use the less expensive OPT DP3000-RGB projectors.
    Hope this helps
    😎
    The OPTlaser PD3000-RGB you have it with FB4 or can it be customized for it to have it? would love to know more about which OPT lasers are compatible with FB4 or is something yoou have to order from the factory with?