Thread: End of An Artist's Career? A.I. Creates Art for You!

Default End of An Artist's Career? A.I. Creates Art for You!

End of An Artist's Career? A.I. Creates Art for You! - Complete Guide

This is getting so good that it's getting scary.👽
    Personally, I reckon this fast talkin feller is just a tad bit too slick fer my likin'. "He just don't look right" - RIP Freddie Freeloader.

He presents a few quick & fancy visual cues, then launches into the astronomical membership fees.😣
    Last edited by TheHermit; 08-06-2022 at 09:52.
    What goes around, comes around;
    We project what others reflect.

There is a free version you can try called DALL·E mini. It's not as powerful but it's the same idea.

Some new technologies are kind of scary. This one has a creepy factor of at least 7.

I guess for now it's limited to the digital domain. But eventually there will be robot painters that can out do the masters.

The question is can this help us find new heights of aesthetics? How does an AI even understand aesthetics? Is this a path to genuine human-like AI?

Can this same technology be applied to music (with lyrics) or literature, like a screen play for a movie or series? Maybe even the whole finished product?

If you think tv is a waste of time and just a way for corporations to pump advertising garbage at you, wow, this could really be a disaster.

Last edited by james; 08-06-2022 at 09:11.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    "“We’ve developed a proprietary AI technology that analyzes certain popular songs of a specified genre and generates recommendations for the various elements of song construction: lyrical content, chords, melody, tempo, sounds, etc. We then combine these elements to create the song,” Martini said, according to Music Business Worldwide.
    Martini added: “As of now, a human voice performs the vocals, but we are working towards the ability to have a computer come up with and perform its own words – and even collaborate with other computers as ‘co-writers.'”"

So it's not quite there yet, it needs a lot of help from humans to produce a song. However there are many people working on synthesizing audio like music completely from scratch using AI, like DeepMind's WaveNet. Maybe we'll get there soon.
    The most impressive artistic/creative results from AI so far is definitely graphics and text. Graphics like in OPs post, and text like GPT-3 and other language transformers. They can write full articles with incredible coherence, it's often difficult to tell that an AI wrote it.

The attached images aren't real, it's the DALL-E AI's imagination of what laser shows look like.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DALL·E 2022-08-25 10.21.03 - incredible laser show photo. dark environment, crowd, bright beams..png  

DALL·E 2022-08-25 10.16.29 - incredible laser show in the style of claude monet. dark environmen.png  

Quote Originally Posted by Grix View Post
    "“We’ve developed a proprietary AI technology that analyzes certain popular songs of a specified genre and generates recommendations for the various elements of song construction: lyrical content, chords, melody, tempo, sounds, etc. We then combine these elements to create the song,” Martini said, according to Music Business Worldwide.
    Martini added: “As of now, a human voice performs the vocals, but we are working towards the ability to have a computer come up with and perform its own words – and even collaborate with other computers as ‘co-writers.'”"

So it's not quite there yet, it needs a lot of help from humans to produce a song. However there are many people working on synthesizing audio like music completely from scratch using AI, like DeepMind's WaveNet. Maybe we'll get there soon.
    The most impressive artistic/creative results from AI so far is definitely graphics and text. Graphics like in OPs post, and text like GPT-3 and other language transformers. They can write full articles with incredible coherence, it's often difficult to tell that an AI wrote it.

The attached images aren't real, it's the DALL-E AI's imagination of what laser shows look like.
    I have actually explored the idea of using ML/AI to create laser shows. Sample data for training is lacking, though.